Why do newborn shoots need to be from days 4-10?

I think thats a bit aggressive for the photographer to be chasing people out of the maternity ward for pics. I don't like that. That's about them getting money rather than the client getting the best memories for their future.

If people do posed newborn photos they do so before 14 days because the babies tend to sleep deeper. Personally I don't do posed shots anymore so I can do my newborn sessions any time :)

"If people do posed newborn photos they do so before 14 days because the babies tend to sleep deeper. Personally I don't do posed shots anymore so I can do my newborn sessions any time :)"

PaigeW, I'm interested, what kind of pics do you take when they're so very young. Obviously they either have to be held by parents, or photo'd lying down on something for their support.

"If people do posed newborn photos they do so before 14 days because the babies tend to sleep deeper. Personally I don't do posed shots anymore so I can do my newborn sessions any time :)"

PaigeW, I'm interested, what kind of pics do you take when they're so very young. Obviously they either have to be held by parents, or photo'd lying down on something for their support.
a quick sampling of my most recent newborn work :)
austin newborn photography lifestyle photographer paigewilks.com.jpg

a quick sampling of my most recent newborn work :)
View attachment 112319

Great stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beautiful work PaigeW. Thanks for sharing those. This is the kind of stuff I did with my kids as newborns. I have some lovely ones of us all in these types of scenes. :-D

They expire and aren't as fresh after that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back