Why I Love the South

Tiller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My college just canceled class for 3 days because of this.

Attachments

• $image-226439349.jpg
    $image-226439349.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 143
Lol you guys are little bitches. Still went to work!

$1545936_10202699352582465_698371350_n.jpg

$Oswego.jpg

Oswego NY yesterday........not sure if school was open or not.....might have been sent home early...

Couple weeks ago, this is the highway and those wet areas are ice.

$1531754_10202789898646060_960069178_n.jpg

THere is an accident near us (Ontario, kingston area). 75 cars, 35 transports at least. And the school buses didn't even get cancelled today. We have about 2 feet of snow and white out conditions.

If the north ever wanted to invade the South, all you would have to do is wait for a snow day.

If the north ever wanted to invade the South, all you would have to do is wait for a snow day.

Don't worry our weakness is the heat. We all melt if it's above 90.

I wouldn't even bother shoveling. Hell, if it was that nice out there, I'd be outside doing something that you do outside. Probably.

Really? A feather duster could make quick work of that blizzard

Last edited:
As someone who was born and raised in the south, I gotta say: That's pretty pitiful, even by Southern standards. :lmao:
But then, we've called school off before because the weather forecasters are PREDICTING snow. Those are never, EVER the times it actually snows. The actual "real" amounts of snow happen when, like yesterday, they tell us it's absolutely, positively, completely going around us. So off the kids go to school, nobody treats the roads, and WHAM. Then everyone panics and heads for home. It took several of my friends over an hour to drive home, when it normally takes them about 20 minutes. At that was before it got really "bad." We're just not equipped to deal with it. We don't have the equipment, the manpower, nor the mindset to handle cold and snow.

But, as a born-and-raised Southerner, I also gotta say: It is one of my goals in life to never, ever live in a place where they DO have the equipment, manpower and mindset to deal with cold and snow all winter long. I would kill myself before we even made it to December.

Most reactions

Back