Why I'm cancelling my Adobe subscription

When I travel, I make certain that I have a phone that works wherever I'm going and that my credit cards or atm cards will be acceptable.
If necessary I use my phone as a hotspot to get/send emails, etc. - or even verify my software.

I try to be prepared for the situations I'll confront.
The situation doesn't apply to you then if you constrict your travel area to where internet connection is an always available option. I would find this restricting personally, but that's me.

I don't restrict my travel.
I just project my needs and make plans accordingly.
I don't plan on editing photos in the desert or on top of a mountain in the jungle.
In my hotel room, I have a connection either through the hotel or my phone.

Adobe didn't hide its requirement for an Internet connection to validate software.
upload_2020-5-9_12-38-7.png

You either weren't aware or prepared.

You either weren't aware or prepared.
Or you did not read the thread, the software Adobe use for it's anti piracy is broken, it has been for years, and what it does for a percentage of their user base is cause it to want to validate the software at each and every use, so no grace period at all that it's supposed to give as indicated to screen caption you showed. Adobe as no interest in having this fixed because it affect a small percentage of it's user base. There is no telling which computer are affected until you want to use the software without an internet connection.
But at this point I'm curious, do you work for Adobe?

But at this point I'm curious, do you work for Adobe?

Since you had other software, you weren't fatally inconvenienced.
In any case, I plan as well as I can, have alternative strategies and, most of all, don't let small things bother me.

No, I don't work for Adobe.
Why do you ask?
I was not defending Adobe business practices.
I am old and experienced enough not to take what big companies do that bothers me as a personal challenge.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back