Why isn't there autofocus bracketing???

djacobox372

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
djacob372.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A feature that seems to be sorely missing from every camera I've ever used is auto-focus bracketing (bracketing 3 or more photos with user defined front and back focus).

I bracket focus all the time manually when shooting wildlife with a narrow dof. Surely modern cameras are capable of automating this.

Has there ever been a camera body that had this feature? Would it be something that you would appreciate if they did?

Hmm. Good idea. But I guess with Live View and the ability to magnify the live image, that sort of problem is solved on the more recent cameras equipped with LV.

I remember hearing something about this. I don't remember if it was special software, a special camera, or what, but but basically a series of photographs are taken with focus set at different intervals. Then, the images are combined, sort of like an HDR, but instead you have a full dynamic focal range. Then, in the software, you can then set your own DoF, depending on where you want it. Since the combine image should have enough in focus, and out of focus information for every part of the image, you can then essentially adjust your focus and DoF in the software instead of in the camera. Seems like a neat idea, but I can't for the life of me remember where I heard about this.

Most reactions

Back