Why not to be a fauxtographer

The judge knew only a little more about photography than the photographer that was being sued. :lol:

That part was THE MOST embarrassing thing I've seen in a long time. "What speed is it?" "I don't know."

This one has been hashed to death in the forums for a couple of years now.
The two "photographers" are obviously dumber than most newbies we meet here. HOWEVER... Joe's badgering them on their equipment was a bit high handed and presumptuous too.
My second is shooting with an entry level body and she does a beautiful job with it. I am not leaving the critical stuff to her, but I think she could easily do justice to it. So, his pushing the equipment button is a bit heavy handed. They could have done a pretty decent job with knowledge and entry level cameras combined with good glass.

Now the KNOWLEDGE? Those two didn't have a friggin clue what they were doing at all. What F stop? We used a tripod. Yeah. They deserved what they got.

They deserved what they got.

Which was a couple of grand to go be yelled at by some idiot in a black robe. The other morons got more money, but even the losers got paid. Nice work if you can get it!

Tell me which is stupider, the idiot in the black robe in this old video or the people STILL debating the merits of the individuals in the video TWO YEARS LATER???? :lol:

FYI for those that may have missed it................................

f6c8d904c06528494d88072f2d8b1ab3.jpg

Yes folks the war is over. You may all now go back to you pre-war.........pre video lives. :Joker::lol: :lol: :lol:

Some of us, unlike you, haven't seen every video on the internet yet.

Grow up.

It is silly. It's been around a couple of years but I still get a kick out of it each time I watch it.

I'm also of the opinion that it should be required viewing for every would-be "Professional" photographer to. This is a TV judge but it could just as easily have been a real judge.

What's there to judge really ?

Bad pictures ? It's the responsibility of who hires the photographer to do his homework and check the quality of previous work. After that, you get what you pay for.

It's not like there is an official College of Professional Photographer. Doctors, architects, engineer, nurses etc those are actually controlled and have standards to abide to.

I'm sorry, I'm not going to make any friends by saying that, but photographer complaining about cheapo fauxtographer stealing their business have no sympathy from me. You might as well hear your local professional landscaper cry over the teenager down the street mowing lawns for 10$ and stealing his business !!! Ridiculous.

Professional photographer need to earn their business. Aka, they need to be good, they need to be better than me. The one I use for my family pictures is good and I'm happy to pay her for her services.

Meh, I know I don't have the brain-orientation to remember what shutter-speed or aperture a individual picture was set at.

Kazooie said:
Meh, I know I don't have the brain-orientation to remember what shutter-speed or aperture a individual picture was set at.

That's why we have exif data....

It's TV. It's entertainment. It's appeal is that the law is simple and straight forward, it provides a sense of order in our disordered lives, and "rulings" are going to be motivated by good television, not by justice - or anything even remotely looking like it.

I think you guys are taking Judge Joe Brown a little bit too seriously.

It's TV. It's entertainment. It's appeal is that the law is simple and straight forward, it provides a sense of order in our disordered lives, and "rulings" are going to be motivated by good television, not by justice - or anything even remotely looking like it.

I think you guys are taking Judge Joe Brown a little bit too seriously.

Knock it of would you. Next thing you will be telling people that things like WWE and TNA "wrassling" ain't real and telling Virginia, there really ain't no Santee Clause. :lol:

Most reactions

Back