Why not?

BrettG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Last winter we got a lot of freezing rain. One particular morning I came outside and my car was completely caked in ice a few millimeters thick. The way it froze onto the windows especially I thought was really cool. I went inside and grabbed my camera, got inside the car and took a picture outside the windows from the inside. I guess this could be considered my first attempt at photography, figured why not get some opinions. I thought the pictures turned out really cool, I have a higher resolution version of this one that I set as my desktop wallpaper.

0.jpg

I don't think freepichosting.com works for posting pictures on message boards, so if that turned out to be a red x than just use this link:
http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421522521/0.jpg

In case you're curious, the light in the left is from a street lamp, and the green to the right is some bushes in our front yard. There was lots of snow on the ground, hence all the white. This was taken with my Sony DSC-P31 digital camera, I believe it's about 2 megapixels.

cool man, brrrrr
it looks like there's an interesting bump texture in the midtone gray area near the upper center of the pic, wish i could see that in more detail.
i thought it was looking down into a lake at first.
there was freezing rain like that at school 2 years ago, looked really cool on the evergreens, but i didn't have a camera
BrettG said:
I went inside and grabbed my camera
(evil laugh) that's the way!

There was a local photographer whose work I would see when I worked at the lab who shot flowers through textured glass that sort of looked like this. It made the plants/flowers look very impressionistic, and at first I thought it was an Adobe PS filter.

Scott WRG Editor said:
My first impression was looking UP through the ice from a lake.
Very cool.

I thought so too :)

Nice abstract!

Did you say this was your first attempt in Photography??

nice shot!! when i gaze into the picture, i feel like im drowning...

md

Most reactions

Back