Why The Big Discrepancy In Price Between 2 Retailers for The Same Package?

fullrun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
We are talking about a package for the Canon EOS 40d and the 17-85mm USM Lens.

The Price at Photoconnection 979
Canon EOS40DKIT8 EOS 40D Package 8 - (17-85mm + 2GB much more) FotoConnection.com

The Price at Adorama 1542*
ICA40DK1C Canon EOS-40D Digital U.S.A. Camera w/ EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens - 2GB CF Memory Card, Spare BP-511 Lithium-Ion Battery, Lowepro Holster-Style Case, Mack 3 Year Extend Warranty, Digital Remote Release, Professional Lens Cleaning Kit

*I understand that Adorama is throwing in a 3 year Mack Warranty, a spare battery, and a remote. But that doesn't add up to a $563 difference. If I'm missing something here, I want to educate myself about it. I understand the rep of Adorama (I love the store and frequent it), but still that's a hunk of change... enough to buy another lens (the 70 - 200mm)

Input would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah I got screwed by fotoconnection. I had no idea what I was really buying. I thought I had done my homework, but they got me. The extras in thier package was complete junk. I thought I was getting alot more for my money. I will never buy anything from them again. I bought my new lenses from B&H and was happy with them.

It's easy to charge whatever you like when it's a lie. Don't buy from anyone but B&H, Adorama, KEH, or your local retailer.

Thanks, I got it.... and appreciate it.:thumbup:

You know there's a mark-up of course... room for the retailer to work with you... trying to get a a sense of what a fair package offer would be.

Last edited:
You know there's a mark-up of course... room for the retailer to work with you...

I'd rather just buy from a reputable dealer and pay what they ask than buy somewhere a little shadier and try to 'talk them down'...

BH, Adorama and et. al are all fine and good, but sometimes you have to dig to get deals. If all you buy is new, then by all means frequent the usual suspects (a shame they basically have the American online market cornered); but there are some deals to be had if we can divorce ourselves from the "its gotta be new!" mentality.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back