Wide angle and macro adapters

Reis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello there,
I'm new here and I would like to ask a question.

I have a canon t2i and a 18-55mm lens, but i would like to experiment more with photography, so i would like to buy a lens, but wide angle lenses or macro lenses arent that cheap. Which lens adapter would you prefer me for my camera? I looked at dx.com and i found a really cheap wide angle +macro adapter.. Here's the link: 58mm 0.45X Super Wide Angle + Macro Conversion Lens - Black - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX .

what do you think?

Hello there,
I'm new here and I would like to ask a question.

I have a canon t2i and a 18-55mm lens, but i would like to experiment more with photography, so i would like to buy a lens, but wide angle lenses or macro lenses arent that cheap. Which lens adapter would you prefer me for my camera? I looked at dx.com and i found a really cheap wide angle +macro adapter.. Here's the link: 58mm 0.45X Super Wide Angle + Macro Conversion Lens - Black - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX .

what do you think?

It is almost identical to this one > Amazon.com: 67mm Black Wide Angle Macro Conversion Lens 0.43x 67 mm: Camera & Photo which barely has 2 stars out of 5 on Amazon. It is basically junk...

You have adequate wide-angle on your kit lens... even on a crop body. If you want more macro, the least expensive way and still have full functionality would be a Raynox add-on lens. They are glass.. and do a good job.

Amazon.com: Raynox DCR-250 Super Macro Snap-On Lens: Electronics

They will allow sharp images (shot mounted on a Tokina 100 macro lens):

Fleshfly (family Sarcophagidae) by CGipson Photography, on Flickr

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you so much for your answer and your advice. I'm reading more about astrophotography, and that's why i want to know more about these wide angle lenses. Again, thanks for your answer!

Take out (US) $20.00. Light it on fire and let it burn completely.

That's a better deal for your $20 than the cheap screw on 'macro' and/or 'zoom' adapter lenses.

When I was new to DSLR photography, I found a cheap 'macro' and 'tele' pair of screw ons for about (US)$40. I figured, 'what the hey?...they might even work!'

I tried the tele extender on my Canon EF-S 18-135 lens. It tried and tried to focus but could not (non-stop hunting). So I switched to manual focus and tried that. The results were junk. (note, I didn't know enough back then to manually focus in Live View). While attempting to unscrew the tele, the tele itself unscrewed into two pieces and the 2 glass elements inside fell out, along with 1 or 2 spacer rings as well. After a brief struggle, I removed the rear part of the tele and threw everything, including the untested macro, into the trash. Like I said, burning the $40 (in my case) would have been better 'entertainment'.

As the great circus-man P T Barnum said over 100 years ago..."a sucker is born every minute". I had my minute...

Most reactions

Back