Wide Angle Lens for 60D- Newbie

jdh1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,
I recently bought a Canon 60D with 18-135mm lens. Im travelling to Dubai soon and was thinking of getting another lens. I've only started learning DSLR photography and am enjoying my current lens.

Since Im travelling to Dubai i'll be taking a lot of landscape photos, etc so though a wide-angle lens would be my next lens. What do you recommend? There are so many wide lenses, I'm confused with what I should get.

Any advise is highly appreciated!

Tamron 10-24mm DI II LD IF is good for the money or a sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM is great.[h=1][/h]

Just joined the group after months of lurking. I just picked up a Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 , love this lens! Very wide and not too expensive .

Im thinking of going with the Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 due to the price. How is the image quality on this lens?
The only other one I like is the Canon 10-22mm but its a lot more expensive.

Haven't ever tried the 10-20 so I can't speak to that lens, but I love my Sigma 8-16. IQ is really good and it does a pretty good job controlling distortion at such a wide angle.

jdh1 said:
Im thinking of going with the Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 due to the price. How is the image quality on this lens?
The only other one I like is the Canon 10-22mm but its a lot more expensive.

Go with Canon 10-22. Its a great lens.

Tokina 11-16 2.8 is really nice, probably a better buy than the Canon. The Sigma 10-20 3.5 is nice too, the 4-5.6 not so much. Sigma 8-16 is also really nice.

I'd go for the 11-16 or the 8-16 personally, since you already have 18 and up covered. Those 2 are also the shaprest lenses out of all the ones mentioned so far.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back