Wild Ones

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spotted this pair standing perfectly still in the shadows. Must be one of their survival techniques. All pics taken at Myakka River State Park.

11142643-f 2studio.jpg

Mr. Smiley winks at me.
11142293-f studio.jpg

Great Egret taking off.
11142378-f studio.jpg

As much as I wouldn't like to come across one in my cornflakes, the low pov on the second is very good. Do they ever have a go at you?

As much as I wouldn't like to come across one in my cornflakes, the low pov on the second is very good. Do they ever have a go at you?

Careful there, Bub, most people have been attacked by gators hiding in reeds and cornflakes. :distracted:

No, they never have a go at me. Maybe because they can see I'm old, tough and chewy ..... so, that's actually a good thing.
Seriously, alligator attacks are very rare. Most occur when someone is either too close to the waters edge or they are in the water (swimming), presenting themselves as the catch of the day to some big, lucky gator !

Nice catch on that egret.

Like the croc pic
Here in the UK we don’t know how lucky we are not to have so many things that will bite, sting

Very nice on the Dinosaur. In Florida you can walk right up on them. Can't do that here.
When the wild ones see you or sense you, down they go. They will jump off the bank or a favorite sunning place like they were shot out of a cannon.
When they get used to your presence and don't panic and run, that's when it becomes dangerous. You are now considered a food source.

Nice catch on that egret.

Thanks, Pete. It was rather far away and not much detail (the bright light didn't help anything) but I thought that other things about it made it likable.

Like the croc pic
Here in the UK we don’t know how lucky we are not to have so many things that will bite, sting

Thank you, appreciate it. They aren't so bad really, heck, the golfers just play through like they aren't even there. Keeping a safe distance of course.

Very nice on the Dinosaur. In Florida you can walk right up on them. Can't do that here.
When the wild ones see you or sense you, down they go. They will jump off the bank or a favorite sunning place like they were shot out of a cannon.
When they get used to your presence and don't panic and run, that's when it becomes dangerous. You are now considered a food source.

Thank you, appreciate it. Actually, with the ones I've encountered will let you get fairly close but not much closer than about 15-20 feet before they bolt into the water. It's not to say some won't let you get closer but I think those ones would probably be the golf course gators that encounter hoomans a lot more than other gators. You're right about them getting used to your presence and loosing their fear of you. Dangerous for both parties. A couple years ago a large one in the neighborhood had to be removed because people were feeding it and it was getting way too close to them. They thought it was cute of course, the dummies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back