Willpops' pics (25 pics)

Willpops
Number 07 is a great shot but for two elements - the forground or the background - which is it? which is the main subject?
Look at the background - the lady in the window - steo one or two paces to the right and you have her and the guy in shot betwwen the trees - throw the forground out of focus and they suddenly become very strong within the picture and they are on the third - try it in photoshop you can't move the tree or put the guy into the frame so darken him out of it and take the foreground and soften it - you then have avery strong picture with all the elements in it but they are not competeing. Currently your eye is going between various elements and that detracts - Well seen, did you shoot any more of this scene that you could work on?

FOTO-GRAFFIC :
I was in fact shooting at the lady at the window, and waiting for the masses to be "well placed", in order to make a picture telling "she's having fun looking at the people but is not implied into their cause". But as I was waiting for the moment where the people are "calm", this bottle went up, so I shooted. It was some kind of emergency shot, if you want. I know this picture is a bit messed up, but it's a very short instant, that could not be taken twice.
Concerning Photoshop and the cloning/moving/erasing/... of elements, I chose to stop, in order to force me thinking more at the moment of the shooting. In this case, it's maybe "sad" (don't know another word for telling what I want to say), but I think this mess atmosphere is finally representative of what happened there.

Willpops
Can I ask what you were using - camera/lens/ISO setting.
I think I know what you are saying and I understand that it was the moment you wanted capture.but imagine the lower half/foreground as just a blur of humanity, nothing to fix your eye on - then suddenly the person at the window becomes the focal point of the image and that makes the whole picture stronger. Can I also ask what the occasion was - it lookslike some kind of protest march/

I used a FUJIFILM S5500, 370mm focal lenght, F/3.2 opening, 100 ISO. It was a protest march against the CPE (i guess you heard about it, if not, ask me)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back