Wind Turbine

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are a few shots of North America's largest wind Turbine. 117m high, or the height of a 35 storey building and each blade has the length of 75m almost the length of a NFL football field. You can actually see the wind moving in these shots. The sound is incredible. This one produces enough electricity to power 600 homes annually, by wind.

wind1.jpg

wind2.jpg

wind3.jpg

wind4.jpg

wind5.jpg

And where's the crow?!?!?! ooh come on!
the second one is cool with those sun rays!!!

Crow aside for once: these are great!
You seem to be having some similar weather as we do - only blue skies. What a perfect backdrop for a photo session on this "cool model"!

Yes, the rays of the sun are impressive. The whole thing is!

And though the sky is blue and not green(blea, would hate to see that in green!), I like this colour so much, too!

Now, a little crow perched in top of this turbine would have given the photo a certain something.............. ;););););)!

Great shots Canoncan. Is this the one in Pickering. I can see this from where I walk my dog near the bottom of the bluffs. Very cool shots, and the sky is amazing.

Chiller said:
Great shots Canoncan. Is this the one in Pickering. I can see this from where I walk my dog near the bottom of the bluffs. Very cool shots, and the sky is amazing.

Thanks. It is indeed the one in Pickering. I spent the first 20 years of my life in Pickering and actually as a kid watched them build the nuclear plant only a km from my home. My kids say that is why I am llike I am today. :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back