abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
777-8x10-dust-gs-j9403.jpg

Makes you feel like averting your eyes from dust and debris , awesome

Thank you.

Funny how the desired effect in a photo like this would encourage one to look away :)

-
I spent the night with some friends that own a ranch overlooking this dry lake. I went out and did some twilight/sunrise shots and came back for breakfast. I was stuffing myself with pancakes while blabbering on about how I was done with photos for the day, at least until before sunset. Suddenly the wind on the dry lake (about 10 miles away) kicked up and made one of the most beautiful windstorms I've ever seen. The beginning of it didn't last long and I missed the opportunity. The road down is rutted and bumpy and it took me another half hour or so to get down to it. I spent a few hours in and around the dust storm that blew a fine grit on everything. The wind was so strong that at one point I opened the door of my truck and it blew out of my hands and scoured the inside blowing out a plastic bag. The bag took off across the desert at about 45 miles an hour. I felt like hell. I figured I'd pick up some trash before I left as a pennance for my stupidity. I took some more shots and drove along the shoreline and back out into the lakebed shooting the sand blowing around for awhile. I couldn't find any trash to pick up. I seen a white bag after a couple miles and got out to pick it out of the sagebrush only to figure out it was the same bag that blew out of my truck earlier. :thumbup:

That was Sunday. Today, Tuesday, I still seem to have grit under my eyelids. Feels like I have someone else inside using them besides me. The cameras are clean now though. :)

I saw this one earlier this week and wasn't quite so sure about it. I liked different elements but something wasn't working for me. Now with the combination of the corrected horizon and the story (maybe) it seems more interesting. One of the elements that I liked from the beginning and maybe what is catching my eye better now is the dark sillhouette of the rocks on the ground.

I saw this one earlier this week and wasn't quite so sure about it. I liked different elements but something wasn't working for me. Now with the combination of the corrected horizon and the story (maybe) it seems more interesting. One of the elements that I liked from the beginning and maybe what is catching my eye better now is the dark sillhouette of the rocks on the ground.

Thank you. I'm better with it having corrected the tilt. It just kind of messed everything up.

Quite a few of my photos are taken with the intent of some type of story or background description to go with them. A lot of times, I like to see if they stand on their own as a photo first, it gets me out of some work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back