Winding Road

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
WindyRoad-1.jpg

I love how the road "pops" on this one, good job! :)

I love how the road "pops" on this one, good job! :)

'Xacktly.

Thanks ... @FITBMX, I was really lucky to see this at just the right moment. There was a misty sort of quality to the air, and gave the reflections off the road this diffuse quality and the light made a sort of glow in PP that I found I really liked.

Thanks ... @FITBMX, I was really lucky to see this at just the right moment. There was a misty sort of quality to the air, and gave the reflections off the road this diffuse quality and the light made a sort of glow in PP that I found I really liked.

It would look great hanging in the livingroom! :)

b e a u t i f u l

well done!

Good shot for sure. This one could be interpreted a number of subtly different ways in post. The graphical aspect of the curves and road striping is the strength of this shot. It's a cool viewpoint.

I keep looking at this and really like your treatment of it, it has a great flow and movement to it. So I have wondered hard about whether I would make this comment, and decided to anyway (you just can't keep a big mouth quiet ;)).
The road flows, is separated from the rest by value and balances itself. So balance in the image really comes down to balancing the two "negative forms" (or shapes that aren't the road but define the road by being different). Now I think that the area on the right is a little too large and you would get a better balance if you shaved a tad off it (so the distance from the edge of the tarmac to the edge of the image is the same as the edge of the tarmac to the white line).

Anyway, nominated for POTM as it stands.

I keep looking at this and really like your treatment of it, it has a great flow and movement to it. So I have wondered hard about whether I would make this comment, and decided to anyway (you just can't keep a big mouth quiet ;)).
The road flows, is separated from the rest by value and balances itself. So balance in the image really comes down to balancing the two "negative forms" (or shapes that aren't the road but define the road by being different). Now I think that the area on the right is a little too large and you would get a better balance if you shaved a tad off it (so the distance from the edge of the tarmac to the edge of the image is the same as the edge of the tarmac to the white line).

Anyway, nominated for POTM as it stands.

Well thank you, sir! You know you may be onto something there. I'll try a crop when I get back to the shack :)

Nice image!

Most reactions

Back