Windmills of Minnesota

skunkboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSCF3802.jpg

Not the best as far as focus but it was also a motion issue when I took this. I wish I could've gotten by the bigger mills like this one but that's an extended cab pickup (to give an idea of size) and the fact that were had gone into the fields to get even the "small" mill pictures, with national security and such, it wouldn't be a good idea to stick around too long.

DSCF3804.jpg

Here's a field of the smaller mills.

DSCF3808.jpg

Standing below looking up like this, even at the smaller mills, it makes a person feel small.

DSCF3810.jpg

Being in a corn field to begin with cut out the sound of passing traffic but then when you're there, on the front side you hear the whoosh of the blades while on the back side you can hear the wirring of the brushes in the generator.

They're not much but definately something to make a person feel small. Sure they're part of the ugly "power grid" that ruins so many pictures but this is at least a more photogenic part of the grid (if there is such a photogenic side to electricity aside from lightning).

Great to see someone from Minnesota here. :sexywink:

I love the last photo (last 2 actually) looking upward. Sometimes you can find some very interesting photos in those old farm fields.

As driver of said trip, 'twas very cool to be at the base of one of these giants and look up. ;)

=)
Jade

Most reactions

New Topics

Back