Windows 10 and darktable? familiar?

spiritdog34

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Eyefeastcreators, Does anyone out there use darktable with Windows 10?.. I am new to darktable and I am having a few functional issues...missing menus and such(no export menu).. I have read that it does not work very well with the windows OS.. Basically wanting to know is if anyone is satisfied using Windows with dark table or is it too problematic?... Should I try a different editing software?... BTW at this juncture I am only looking for freeware, preferably something simple as possible considering my lack of experience as well as time to tinker before i can begin to be productive... I would appreciate your input!..

I just downloaded the new release just to look at it ...
If you are not in the "lighttable" mode you will not be able to export.
Also note there are menus on both left and right sides that are collapsible.

I just downloaded the new release just to look at it ...
If you are not in the "lighttable" mode you will not be able to export.
Also note there are menus on both left and right sides that are collapsible.
I understand that, but when I am in lighttable tab there is no export menu on the right like I am seeing in the tutorial videos on YouTube..Are you running windows 10?...

Yes, Win 10

upload_2018-12-27_20-17-57.png

I'm running DarkTable on Win 10 with no problems -- very good software. Sorry you're having trouble.

Joe

Thanks for taking the time to send me that screenshot... I guess my app must have had some errors in downloading...Haha just resolve the problem by accident by right clicking on the darktable icon which brought up the windows menu in which I selected troubleshoot compatibility.. Which went through a couple of steps and resolve the issue now my screen looks like yours... woohoo!

I'm running DarkTable on Win 10 with no problems -- very good software. Sorry you're having trouble.

Joe
Thanks Joe..Are there any YouTube tutorials that you particularly recommend to speed my knowledgeable production through darktable?.. I've already begun to Tinker and it figured out how to use a few menus and to export to jpg format...

Most reactions

Back