What's new

Windows of an abandoned warehouse

myvinyl333

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
535
Reaction score
32
Location
Eastern Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying to shoot as much as possible to improve my shooting. Yesterday I went went out on an overcast day and located an abandoned warehouse.
Looking for composition in the windows/door posted below.


D800, 24-70, ISO 200, 40 mm f 5.6


D800, 24-70, ISO 200, 45 mm f 10


 
Last edited:
#1 has promise. I like all of that black. I'd like to see a little more of the bldg.
 
All of these are good. Any more? I love industrial decay.
 
I like this kind of stuff too. Nice start to taking pictures...

I noticed your thread in the Beginners forum...good for you for starting back at the basics. There is no shame in that!

I'll take the last picture you just posted for instance...I like the symmetry of it. Now imagine if you'd gotten down on the ground and shot looking up from the middle of that metal piece on the ground? Not saying that would have made a better picture...but my point is, to try different angles with everything....you could be REALLY surprised as to what you come up with! I am no better than you at this kind of photography but I thought I'd throw it out there, to try all sorts of different angles...and play with the depth of field too. Learn how to use your manual settings...those will save you a lot of bad shots.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom