Windows Vista

whardman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wesleyhardman.net
Anyone have windows Vista Beta 2? I downloaded it (only took about 4 hours) and have some difficulty with it. :( Guess thats what I get for trying beta software. :confused: Oh well.

Just wait until the final release is available like everyone else - January next year isn't that far off. :)

My dad has it! Vista isn't going to look like that in the final release. The final release is a complete bite of Apple with the dock and constant toolbar, as seen in last preview! I personally think it's going to be great for PC users, but as a Mac user, it's nothing new!

The look is ok, and I think this beta release is close to what the final will look like but I am having trouble with it, especially drivers. I'm also having trouble trying clicking, i'll click on something and it just sits there; after a few clicks it will work ... usually.

I can't wait for Vista. I hope it's released soon....

My version of windows isn't working properly since the last security update - if you know what I mean ;-) and I can't fix it, no matter how many times I try. pffft.

Xmetal said:
Just wait until the final release is available like everyone else - January next year isn't that far off. :)

If it arrives then. It was supposed to be released some time in 2003.

The Vista beta is a pretty bad release. There is no Add/Remove and like whardman said, clicking problems. But people have to also realise that it's a betta. But like I said before, Vista is going to be a shock to many PC users. Most will like it and some will not. You are definetly going to have huge problems finding drivers for any of your old things.

It appears that Vista won't accept the XP version driver. XP used to work on any NT based driver. When I do get something working it usually has the wrong drivers. They sure have a lot of stuff to work out before the final release.

I've been told that the 'premium' version of Vista will require either a Pentium D or Athlon 64 CPU/chipset?

Confirmations, anyone?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back