Wine Glass ... or what the ?

Tuffythepug

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the first in a series of guitar shots that evolved into something rather unique I think. I'm curious if anyone here agrees. Feel free to comment , critique, admire or trash them as you will. I would ask that they not be edited though. This applies only to these particular shots. Any of my other photos that appear on this forum are fair game.

I've take literally hundreds of pictures of various guitars and one thing I've learned is that it's much harder than you would think to get an interesting and new way to look at them photographically. So... I shot this picture of two guitars side by side but got close and used only a portion of each one. This created the interesting shapes which resemble a wineglass; even though the wineglass shape is negative space it holds equal footing with the solid wood of the guitars that surround it.

Wineglass.jpg

So this led naturally to expanding the concept to three guitars = two wineglasses.... I thought I might be on to something

Guitarart2-1.jpg

Now success breeds boldness so the next step was to begin cutting up the images digitally and re-arranging them into pure shapes and colors with no easy recognition that any of it was ever a guitar: even though that's all they are and nothing else. So I ended up with this wich reminds me of some sort of African print on cloth or even animal skin in a weird way....

Guitarart6-1.jpg
And...

Guitarart4.jpg

Before long stuff like this began happening....

eyeball.jpg
And finally this happened..
Guitarart1-1.jpg

Last edited:
These are really interesting! Very cool! :-D

If a skilled woodworker could do that last one in real life, I definitely would love to have it hanging on my wall!

This is refreshing!

Only critique I can give you is the visible handle in the first photo. It kind of loses the illusion.

Most reactions

Back