WINOS.....Taste Testing inside!!

I fooking hate wine. Wine lovers make a religion out of it and I fooking hate it. Then you have the other kind of wine lovers, the ones that drink it because it is in, and they bug me even more.

I hate wine.

What a shame, living in Europe and not enjoying the wine ! Whenever we go there, we go to the local grocery store and try all the local wines. Wonderful experience! As far as here in the States, we drink a lot of different labels, but for everyday (every nite with dinner) we just open a bottle of " 3-buck, Chuck", Charles Shaw winery. Literally $3 a bottle and has beaten many higher priced labels in a lot of wine tastings!

Charles "Two Buck Chuck" Shaw. 2002 Shiraz to be exact.

Quote: Charles "Two Buck Chuck" Shaw. 2002 Shiraz to be exact.

Yeah, you lucky folks in CA can get it for $2, IL. taxes make it $3 here. I agree the Shiraz is good but lately we've been hooked on the Merlot.

We discovered something we like in the state store over here, an Italian winery called Bella Sera. We've had their Cabernet, Merlot and Pinot Grigio and all were very nice, for about $10-11 a bottle.
I'll have to look that up!! You at least live in the same area as me so it might not be that hard to find!!

I choose wine purely based on the Graphic Design of the label. Taste comes second.
LOL I think everyone that drinks wine has done that. I tried a wine called Funk Llama one time..........lets say it wasn't that good. lol

I like a fine white wine.....lke Mad Dog 20/20!!

I like a fine white wine.....lke Mad Dog 20/20!!

OH DEAR GOD... I grew up in Westfield NY-which is where Mad Dog is made... Mad Dog was a staple in high school. That is the worst sh1t on the planet. Even Richard's Wild Irish Rose was better than that crap!

Quote: Charles "Two Buck Chuck" Shaw. 2002 Shiraz to be exact.

Yeah, you lucky folks in CA can get it for $2, IL. taxes make it $3 here. I agree the Shiraz is good but lately we've been hooked on the Merlot.

Merlot is my wife's favorite too. :thumbup:

The wine of the night was not good....lol :(

I don't really have a favorite...

One that I really like though is Louis Jadot Beaujolais-Villages.
Beaujolais Villages - Maison Louis Jadot

I buy it pretty frequently... (It's around $10 a bottle, plus or minus...)

Last edited:
The only thing that is bad about Red wine......if you pick the wrong one it could be headache medicine.

The only thing that is bad about Red wine......if you pick the wrong one it could be headache medicine.
They say that one is a white wine that happens to be red... It's recommended to serve it slightly chilled.

What a shame, living in Europe and not enjoying the wine !!

Why? Would you enjoy Jack if you lived in TN, just because you lived in TN?

Do you realize that just west of you they prefer California wines because they are cheaper then french ones and just as good?

Yeah, wine preferences do have something to do with market realities, ie prices.

Do you also not realize that in France the drinking of wine is on the way down and the wineries are doing whatever they can to sell somewhere else (such as in the US East) ?

Franzia Chianti.

BOONES FARM....1.99 a bottle.....:hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back