Winter hydrangea - a few more photos added

I like the close crop #2. Nice shot!

I would have to go with #2.

I like #2 with the closeup. Hmmm wonder if my hydrangea looks as good as yours. I may just have to grab a few shots. Thanks for the inspo

Nice but number two for me.....

I like #1

I like the close crop #2. Nice shot!

I would have to go with #2.

I like #2 with the closeup. Hmmm wonder if my hydrangea looks as good as yours. I may just have to grab a few shots. Thanks for the inspo

Thanks All. I prefer the closer crop as well. I think my issue with the wider view is that all the room is behind the flower head. I may try to expand the front and crop in the back. Also not happy with the dof. It was windy and it was a quick shot on my way out the door when I noticed the light on these. I may have to give it another go.

@CherylL I hope yours look good. Out of about 6 heads remaining this was the only one not totally mangled.

The focus falling off as you go back is more accentuated in the crop, which for me is why I like it better.

The focus falling off as you go back is more accentuated in the crop, which for me is why I like it better.

Thanks! For me it misses both purposely shallow dof and “good” dof and that is what bothers me. I think it needs to be a little more or a little less.

The close up is gorgeous! IMHO, #3 needs tiny bit a wider crop. It's running off the screen, I'm guessing on purpose, but it just feels to me it needs a little more space.

I like the close up a lot.
Thanks! Deciding if I want to prune the one really good flower head and bring it inside for some creative macro.

The close up is gorgeous! IMHO, #3 needs tiny bit a wider crop. It's running off the screen, I'm guessing on purpose, but it just feels to me it needs a little more space.
Thank you kindly! On #3, Unfortunately the wind was blowing and I couldn’t back away in the spot that I was in to keep it from going out of frame. Definitely going to need a do over for that next time we get some good golden hour light going out front.
The close-up for the win!
Thanks a bunch!

Close Up...!

Most reactions

Back