Winter landscapes

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was out testing whether and if so how my sister's Tamron 28-200mm lens would work on the new Canon... the results did not all make me happy, I still don't know how to adjust to the huge amount of light that this lens apparently wants to have ... and the camera did not seem to react adequately automatically... the photos were dull and the snow was grey ... I tweaked and then went for a conversion and kind of sepia-ish tint... Look for yourselves.

124008826.jpg

124008823.jpg

124008824.jpg

(all three taken at the same location)

124008827.jpg

124008819.jpg

124008818.jpg

(These three were taken on a different location than the first three, but all these three are the same place, too, and all six of these were taken on 29 December 2005)

124008820.jpg

(Closer to where I live, but actually it is all the same where I go... taken on 31 December 2005)

Nice series.
#1 & #5 really stand out for me.

The treatment seems a little more pinkish than sepia, but I really like it against the white snow.

Now I see their being pinkish, too, and now I no longer like them :grumpy:
Care to see their (done up) originals, i.e. in colour? But done up... the original originals were really dull, I did not like those at all!

cool series LaFoto.. shoot in the snow is tough, I really hated it when I was younger with my 35mm cams, as the brightness of the snow and contrast to darker subjects realll messes with the metering. keep trying, at least doing this is free!

nice shots lafoto, i really like #3 and all the tires are fun too. they look pink to me too, but I imagine the snow photos are tough... i haven't even seen snow in a few years, so I love getting to see it all here on TPF! Thanks for sharing! :)

In daylight I did see the pink hue, now, with the desklamp on, it does not seem as bad, but now that I know how wrong I went yesterday (with the desklamp as my light source) I definitely no longer like my conversions.

So I thought I might show you three of these (the first three, of which the third is my favourite!) in colour (not "straight-from-the-camera", though ... better not):

124091016.jpg

124090912.jpg

124090913.jpg

Thank you all for your replies! :D

Nice series LaFhoto, I like number 1 and 3 the best. The first versions you posted are indeed a little on the pinkish side for my taste but I bet they would look great in straight B+W.

Would you want to see a "straight b+w version" then, pursuer (there still are those that were the "foundation" for my funny pinkish tint... :roll: )???

Excellent series Corinna. My fave is the first shot, and number 5 being second.

LaFoto said:
Would you want to see a "straight b+w version" then, pursuer (there still are those that were the "foundation" for my funny pinkish tint... :roll: )???

Thats not necessary, just a suggestion, that is unless you feel like posting them. In which case I would me happy to see them, especially the third shot. I think it would look great in B+W. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back