Winter trees...C&C please

There can probably be several comments made to improve the photo but to start with one I think that the time of day you shot (probably around the mid-day) was too intense of light. There are too many casting shadows and your skyline was washed out possibly along with some color in the photo. As of angle and subject(s), I really don't have much to say about that because even I wouldn't know how to approach this shot with all of these trees. Good luck!

as already stated the light is not ideal and the snowy bits look blue to me? for a start i would crop this so the sky was not in the image as it doesnt give much to it really

perhaps try getting there early in the day with the sun behind you?

Go back in morning/evening, and when there's a cool sky. Like a sunset or a storm.

for those that dont get the pretty white stuff...the skies wont very likely be colorful until....spring!! If anything sunrise sometimes has a nice redish orange glow. You have to be quick though as it doesnt last long! Rarely do we here in Michigan get any sky in the winter....the plus to this? No shadows.

I disagree. I'm in Michigan... I agree there arent as many good sunrise/sunsets in winter as in the other spring/summer, but there are some that are quite pretty indeed. :p And hey, maybe it's different in Nova Scotia?

Dayum those trees are snoweh.

The pic is sort of non-contextual, there's nothing to frame or accent the trees so it kinda come out as a jumble for the eyes.

I struggle with snow shots in flat light, and it's been dumping in CO this year, in the mountains. :confused: Mixed blessings for the snowboarding photographer.:lmao:
C7

I disagree. I'm in Michigan... I agree there arent as many good sunrise/sunsets in winter as in the other spring/summer, but there are some that are quite pretty indeed. :p And hey, maybe it's different in Nova Scotia?

Very well could be in Nova Scotia, I don't know if this is mountainous or just a forest in the photo. Thats why I pointed out I was in michigan. This winter there have been few days where we have had a sunset that had any color on my side of the state. I know the East side has had far more than we have had. All the lake effect form Lake MI doesn't give us a whole lot of clear days. Maybe in early December, but with the constant snowfall, it's been blah. I have been waiting for a semi clear day to run over to Lake Michigan this winter. Where are you at in MI Abby?

Bout halfway between Midland and Pinconning. 10ish miles inland from the Saginaw Bay, but I don't take advantage because its all either private property or scummy e-coli marsh. :)

Most reactions

Back