Wintry Day in Amsterdam

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In March I had a half day layover in Amsterdam, so went on a tour of the City. Here are some of the pictures I took…

1. Amsterdam is known for its canals and for all the bicycles the residents use to get around.

img5570psys8.jpg

2. Streetscape

img5545psbp8.jpg

3. Bridge crossing

img5502pshp9.jpg

4. Clock Tower

img5540psho9.jpg

5. And what would a trip to Amsterdam be without seeing a windmill?

img5458pssmkg5.jpg

It’s a beautiful city, and one I would love to see in the spring or summer, from the vantage point of one of the many outdoor cafes.

Amsterdam as well huh... anywhere you haven't been anty?.... you get a real feel for the place with these, the last is my fav... cool shots buddy ;)

yea........ so you've been there right?!!..... i didnt expect you to have lived there or anything :mrgreen:

amserdam WOOT Wish I were there right now, you made it look very inviting even on a wintry day

Well, you could include Amsterdam into your trip over in May 2008 and revisit it in spring then! I am sure it is beautiful in every season, since even your kind of bleak winter pics make it look good (as it does, it is one beautiful city - not that I'd been there often, but ... erm ... twice?).

My absolute favourite of this series is Photo 2!

And hey, Archy, I claim to have been "in Plymouth", too, now, and you know it were only about 5 hours ... but even just 5 hours somewhere can be a very pleasant 5 hours when the company is right :sexywink: !!!

I recognize the 1st 4 places, my sister in law owns a shop about 100 meters from the bridge in nr3. I wonder where that windmill is? I know of 3 windmills in Amsterdam, but they're in urban area. Is this the one in Buitenveldert?

Nice shots. Funny to see Amsterdam from a tourist's perspective.

Very very nice
If I had to pick ond I'd go for the 2nd shot

Brrrrrrr.... I take that you were on your way back from Tanzania - must have been a bit of a shock to the system!

The second one isn't showing for some reason, but then imageshack hates me anyway - like the bridge one and the windmill.

Jeroen: the windmills (there were 2 on the tour) were a bit outside the City and were fairly close to each other. One was on a canal, and this one was a very short drive away from it, and a bit further 'inland' from the water.

Tempra - you're right, this was on the way back from Tanzania and it was a bit of a shock to go from very hot temperatures back down to below freezing temperatures. And then Toronto was even colder still! :confused:

Mohain - I can imagine NYE there was madness!! Sounds like a ton of fun though.

Thank you everyone for your positive responses!!

Most reactions

Back