Wintry Stream (horizontal version)

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot this on the way back from a sunrise shot. It was sort of a snapshot, but I kind of like how it came out. Critique is encouraged and much appreciated. General comments, also appreciated. Thanks for looking! (For technical information, see below)
Wintry Stream (horizontal version):
8fmanvr.jpg

Technical information:
Nikon D80 with Nikon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens. Shot @:
ISO:100
Exposure:1/180 sec
Focal Length:22mm
Aperture: f/3.8

I like the image a lot, especially the way the composition leads your eye from front to back along the stream. Just a couple of things you may wish to look at though - there is very little visible texture in the snow on the front left, I don't think it's completely blown out, so you may wish to do a little burning in to reveal what's there. Secondly you might wish to consider a thin black border round the image to stop the edges bleeding into forum background colour.

I like the image a lot, especially the way the composition leads your eye from front to back along the stream. Just a couple of things you may wish to look at though - there is very little visible texture in the snow on the front left, I don't think it's completely blown out, so you may wish to do a little burning in to reveal what's there. Secondly you might wish to consider a thin black border round the image to stop the edges bleeding into forum background colour.

What would I use to make a border? Can I do it with Adobe Lightroom?

I don't know what Lightroom's capabilities are, but in Elements all you'd do would be to select black as a background colour, go into wherever edit canvas size is and enlarge it by around 5-10px on each dimension over and above the sizes already shown (i.e. the image size).

Most reactions

Back