What's new

Wire E. Dude Went to the Mountains Take Two!

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm seriously thinking about making one thread for Wire Dude and keep it all in once place, but, until then I can't bring myself to tag this onto the end of the other thread, that never ever works.

In the first thread I started for his trip to the mountains Tirediron suggested I get a bit more light and definition into him. I added a light and these are the best results, I'm quite happy with these and think they tackle a bit of another issue brought up in the other thread about not being able to see his posture etc... very well. I think we are making progress!

After seeing these in the thread preview I'm thinking perhaps perhaps a border will help...

Here is the other thread to compare if you would like:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/317642-wire-e-dude-went-mountains.html

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!


1.










2.
 
#1 looks better to me. But, Judi, besides the lighting practice, you need to give Gauge something to do in the image, as he's a handsome fellow all right, but his magic comes partly from his doing things we can relate to. Sitting there looking at the camera (ok, we've all done that) leaves the story line a little thin...
 
Hey Paul, I 1000% agree that he needs to be doing things, perhaps I can call this repeating a little bit of growing pains on my part. Ultimately I would only choose one or two of all of these mountain shots to go in the set. I'm thinking seeing the set redone you can't see it again for the first time and it quickly becomes old?
 
No, not necessarily old... He was looking at the "mountains" in the first set, and that is something we can relate to. In this (second) set, he's looking at us. Having the subject look at the camera comes off more "snapshot-ish", because we need to know the subject to be really interested. When we see the object of his view, we tend to see THAT as the main subject, even though the image is of the looker. If that makes sense.
 
Ahhh ok I'm pickin up what you're layin down now! Good point, I will keep that in mind, I think some snapshots mixed in is ok but I definitely don't want all of them to fall into that category!
 
Being honest, this idea isn't working for me. The reason that I really liked the Singin' in the Rain was because I immediately had a connection w/ the picture. I knew the movie right away w/ the added fun of this cute guy playing it out. This one I have no connection to. If you're looking to make a set of these, maybe stick to the old time movies. You might have fun recreating some of our/your favorites. Plus it's a nice topic for a set. A couple of ideas...
Casablanca
The Wizard of Oz (maybe do one of each character or all 4 on the yellow brick road)
Jaws (half in water w/ a fin coming at him)
Forrest Gump (bench w/ chocolates)
Star Wars
Matrix (dodging the bullets bent over from the first movie)

Have fun w/ it!! Endless amounts of ideas out there.
 
I like #1. My thought was he is sitting and resting after a good climb up that hill with another to go behind him. :-)
 
Yeah, but then, Rick, he needs to be nibbling his wiry granola bar, and drinking out of his wire flask!
 
Yes, that would help.. ;)
 
See if you can make him stand looking out over the view with a walking stick. Cool images.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom