Wireless Headphones for TV viewing?

Buckster

In memoriam
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been deaf in one ear from birth (except for some certain frequencies that are outside of the range of human speech), and my hearing in the other ear has slowly gotten worse over the years as well. So, when I watch TV, it's kind of loud.

The neighbors have mentioned it, though they swear it doesn't bother them and always in a good-natured way, just that they can hear it sometimes, especially the bass on the adjoining walls and ceiling/floors (I live in a small apt building). Whether it doesn't actually bother them or they're just being nice about it, I want to be a good neighbor and not disturb anyone else, so I've decided to get headphones for my TV watching, but I don't really know much at all about them.

I'd like them to be wireless, lightweight enough to stay comfortable for at least the length of a typical movie or two (it's rare for me to watch TV for very long periods beyond that), and I can't stand ear buds in my ear canals. I like the kind of headphones that have a strap over my head, perhaps with lightweight padding, and the earphones themselves can enclose my ears or not, as long as they're fairly comfortable. Loudness is an issue, but I could run them through an amplifier if I really have to (EDIT - actually, maybe I can't? Wireless with an amplifier??). I'd also like to spend less than $100 if possible.

I've read that hiss can be an issue with wireless headphones, and also that some are not really well suited for TV and movies given their acoustical properties, but really are better for music listening.

Anyone have any experience / advice for me on this?

Last edited:
The only wireless headphones I use are bluetooth ones, I have a couple pair, one for home, one I leave at work. They have always worked great for me.

I've never used them with a TV though but a quick google search brought this up. How to Use Wireless Bluetooth Headphones With Your TV eHow

I have and use Sennheiser eH250 wireless head phones for quite a few years. Very pleased with them. They no longer make the eH250 but have newer models available. Use them for listening to both TV and music.

I am interested in the responses as well. I could really improve "marital relations".

Check out the Sennheiser RS 160. They are highly rated by reviewers at crutchfield.com and The Wirecutter reviewed them as best Wireless Home theater head phones of the top seven models reviewed. B&H photo has them for $115 and change and rated 4.5 by reviewers. I can't comment my self if there any good but I imagine there decent going by reviews.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the input folks. I went with the Sennheiser RS 120 model, and it sounds great. Crystal clear and plenty loud enough for me so I don't have to turn them all the way up to be satisfied. I had to get an optical splitter and an optical to analog (RCA) converter, plus a couple more fiber optic cables to make it all work with my TV and sound bar the way I wanted, but in the end, it's awesome.

Most reactions

Back