Wish me all sorts of luck...

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
My Senior recital is coming up...fast. This Wednesday (28th) at 6:30 EST...

I'm playing a very difficult program, and it's only just starting to mesh together, so I need all your support :)

The program is:
Sonate for clarinet and piano, by Camille Saint-Saëns
Three Pieces for Clarinet, by Igor Stravinsky
Luminescence, by Geoff Knorr (a friend of mine, this is a World Premier)
Contrasts, by Belá Bartók

If all goes well, I'll host the audio files on my website for all to hear!

Here's hoping it all goes smoothly!!!
character0009.gif
I'm sure it will

That's extremely cool that you're playing in a world premiere of a piece. I'm really looking forward to hearing the audio, although I'll miss this part of the visual --->
encore.gif
celb (4).gif

I'll wish you all sorts of good luck; how's that? :)

It sounds like a very challenging program. I'd love to hear it if you could get it on your site - that would be fun!

Positive vibes for a great performance coming your way. :sun:

Here's hoping it all goes smoothly!!!
character0009.gif
I'm sure it will

That's extremely cool that you're playing in a world premiere of a piece. I'm really looking forward to hearing the audio, although I'll miss this part of the visual --->
encore.gif
celb (4).gif

Pffft! He will have an official photographer, ya know! :lol:

(ok, so I doubt I'll actually be able to take pictures of the actual recital...)

But in all seriousness....Joe, I'm sure you're going to do great....obviously you're going to have all my good vibes (or I wouldn't be flying out to see it), but you don't need LUCK.

No luck needed, it's skill and you've got that :D Can't wait to hear how it goes!

My Senior recital is coming up...fast. This Wednesday (28th) at 6:30 EST...

I'm playing a very difficult program, and it's only just starting to mesh together, so I need all your support :)

The program is:
Sonate for clarinet and piano, by Camille Saint-Saëns
Three Pieces for Clarinet, by Igor Stravinsky
Luminescence, by Geoff Knorr (a friend of mine, this is a World Premier)
Contrasts, by Belá Bartók

If all goes well, I'll host the audio files on my website for all to hear!
All those songs probably sound great... but why aren't they letting you play "Three Blind Mice"?

;)

Bela Bartok! A fave of mine. Play well (I know you will) and enjoy while doing it. Remember why you study the clarinet, for your pleasure of making music so others can enjoy. Please yourself first (no reason to be nervous for that) and the audience will love it.

Have fun!

Thank you :D
Corry-as long as you aren't walking around and such, and as long as you don't have AF beep or flash on, you can take pics...just use discretion.

LM-that's the encore.

Dmitri-that's always been my opinion. I play for myself first, the audience second, and those who give out the grades/rankings/etc. last. As far as the Bartok goes...it's certainly a fav of mine too, just so much fun to play!

Faith, man

Gotta keep it

You'll do fine, I know it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back