Witch (used) DSLR camera to buy from 200 to 300 dollar?

louai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Please help me to buy a used dslr camera for about 200-300 dollar.

Its not for pro use. All what i want is picture quality. De brands must be, Nikon en Canon.

Thank you

What models of each brand are available in your area at your price?

Do witches use DSLRs? Seems like there'd probably be some sort of spell or something to transfix an image into the fibrous matrix of some parchment paper instead.

Do witches use DSLRs? Seems like there'd probably be some sort of spell or something to transfix an image into the fibrous matrix of some parchment paper instead.

:greenpbl: HA

I like the Olympus EVOLT series. An E-620 or 510 could be a good place to start. Very well constructed, and from the three or four photos I've been able to take with one (borrowed), it's pretty easy to use and seems to take some pretty good images as is. Worth a look if you ask me. Your results may vary.

Take a look in Ebay.de. There are usually some very nice cameras from these makers in your price range. Perhaps search for DSLR + Canon + Nikon + MP 6 - 12; this should turn something up and shipping from Germany to Holland would be no problem I imagine.

Good luck.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
See if you can find an used Nikon D3100, I think it`s the best starter camera for the price and the kit 18-55 is fast and virtually silent and produces a very nice image and includes Image Stabilisation

The cheaper Canons like the old 1000D have a nice body, but the kit lens is slow and noisy and some dont have Image Stabilization, though they do take a nice photo.

EDIT : As mentioned below, get an Nikon D5100 if you can find one that is affordable as it has a lot more options for advanced beginners and a nice adjustable lcd display.

John.

Last edited:
Classy response. Presumably you can do as well speaking Dutch as he does English?

Please help me to buy a used dslr camera for about 200-300 dollar.

Its not for pro use. All what i want is picture quality. De brands must be, Nikon en Canon.
DSLR cameras are not inexpensive and in that price range you will be limited to something several years old most likely. Technology in these cameras has changed dramatically over the past few years, especially in the areas of resolution, dynamic range, and noise rejection. While there is nothing wrong with starting at the lower end of the DSLR range you will likely find yourself reaching the limits of what a camera in that range is capable of rather quickly. I'm not familiar with the Canon models but for Nikon my recommendation would be nothing lower than the D5100.

Classy response. Presumably you can do as well speaking Dutch as he does English?

AMEN!!! Thumbs up.

I may be significantly better and proficient with the English language at work but I'm very careful to remember that I am the only one who is not multi-lingual among some extremely educated engineers. The least I can do is be patient, listen carefully, and flexible.... all respect because they took the time to learn my language to the best of their ability.

Canon or Nikon in that price range is doable but you are looking at some fairly old (in technology) cameras. THinking back, I was happy with the Canon 20D. I would not go any older.

AMEN!!! Thumbs up.

I may be significantly better and proficient with the English language at work but I'm very careful to remember that I am the only one who is not multi-lingual among some extremely educated engineers. The least I can do is be patient, listen carefully, and flexible.... all respect because they took the time to learn my language to the best of their ability.

Agreed. I've been a Ham Radio operator since the mid 70's and have talked to people all over the world. However if they don't speak English I can't communicate with them since all I speak is English and a smattering of French. They took the time to learn my language and I will never, ever comment on their grammar or pronunciation. Completely uncalled for :thumbdown:

It conjured up an amusing image and I thought I would share. It has nothing to do with him being Dutch or not Dutch. Sheez.

That aside, there's a difference between going "Hah you're a foreigner and you don't speak good" and running away versus making a lighthearted joke you know the person themselves will understand. And by the way I got plenty of the latter when I was visiting Germany a couple months ago, as well as on the plane ride back home speaking spanish with the Spanish tourist next to me, as well as every time I've ever stayed at a hostel. Sooner or later, you use a funny false cognate or something (such as embarazado in Spanish means pregnant, not embarrased), and quite a few people inevitably do pregnant pantomimes and giggle and explain it to you if necessary, etc.

And somehow, neither does the world end nor does it spark international diplomatic incidents. In fact, it's usually a good ice breaker.

It conjured up an amusing image and I thought I would share. It has nothing to do with him being Dutch or not Dutch. Sheez.

That aside, there's a difference between going "Hah you're a foreigner and you don't speak good" and running away versus making a lighthearted joke you know the person themselves will understand. And by the way I got plenty of the latter when I was visiting Germany a couple months ago, as well as on the plane ride back home speaking spanish with the Spanish tourist next to me, as well as every time I've ever stayed at a hostel. Sooner or later, you use a funny false cognate or something (such as embarazado in Spanish means pregnant, not embarrased), and quite a few people inevitably do pregnant pantomimes and giggle and explain it to you if necessary, etc.

And somehow, neither does the world end nor does it spark international diplomatic incidents. In fact, it's usually a good ice breaker.

No, there is very little difference when the person obviously doesn't have a good command of the language and it is not usually a good ice breaker. All he knows is that someone is making fun of the way he translated his request to English, but not why. This is the OP's first post on this forum, he asked an honest question, and you are already poking fun at him. A very classy way to welcome someone to the forum. If you can figure out how, try "Respect" next time.

Teasing is not an American invention. I assure you the same thing happens on Dutch forums of all sorts, and Dutch offices, and Russian cafeterias, and Mexican wedding receptions. In addition to what is more than our fair share on thephotoforum.com. The guy wasn't born yesterday and doesn't need a squadron of white knights to shield him from something he already experiences every day of his life and fully understands the implications of, positive or negative (and is fully capable of responding to himself).

Nor do I see any benefit to the OP to have people lie to him and pretend the community is something it's not, simply because he has single digit post counts. That does him no service. All it does is very slightly delay his inevitable disappointment if he can't handle teasing, or very slightly delay his delight if he is a fellow of a mischievous personality. OR cause him to leave for misleading reasons. As a newcomer to many a forum and community myself, I have many times left in disinterest precisely because everybody was too stuffy and polite, not the other way around. And frankly I personally am more interested in retaining people like that than people who will leave if they don't get a stiff upper lip and a red carpet.

Im curious as to how you knew that the OP would understand your "lighthearted joke"?
given as English does not appear to be his first language, I would have been unsure as to his comprehension of English jokes.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back