What's new

With or without crop

I like the original better than the crop, but I think I'd prefer option 3:
Crop it to a portrait orientation, so that the bottom of the stem in the foreground is right on the bottom left edge of the photo and then crop it on the right just past the petals on the main flower. That way, the flower is reaching up into the frame somewhat, instead of both the flower and butterfly pointing out of the frame in the crop. You also get the whole background flower & butterfly that way, and lose all the dead space on the right that, imo, doesn't add anything.
 
I like this crop. Sorry I edited your pic without your permission if you want me to delete it just tell me and I'll do it right away.

$78308785249afe0a9603b.webp

I believe this crop, you don't lose the butterfly in the background which brings a lot to the image.
 
^Yep, that's what I was trying to say with words (only I'd crop the right side even closer to the flowers). But since you have "my photos are NOT OK to edit" I didn't try to illustrate what I was talking about.
It really IS much easier if you allow edits, so people can show you visually what they have in mind, instead of just trying to describe it. But that's just my opinion.
 
In my life time i have never seen such an angle for a flower-fly pair photographed.... Par excellence :thumbsup:
The only disturbance is the palm leaves projecting from bottom...but that you can't help, may be.... and beautiful colors.... and that repetition of a faded pair of flower and fly.... you are very lucky too :D
 
I think I prefer #1, for the 3D feel you mention. What a remarkable shot. :)
 
Thank you all. I have no issue with your edit, Dorksterr. I agree with you both, that is a much better crop. I think I'll print up one of the original and your crop and let the wife decide from there.

And, yes... I did get very lucky.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom