TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thoughts? C&C appreciated.

12043069765_300d4af8f4_h.jpg

Ok... my thoughts...

I like this concept and I like this shot. I don't like the processing but don't listen to me because I'm seeing this on my crappy computer at work.

If this was mine, I would spend some time in ps and get rid of the branches and try some different processing, maybe with low contrast...

well jmo, but I do like the photo.

Ok... my thoughts...

I like this concept and I like this shot. I don't like the processing but don't listen to me because I'm seeing this on my crappy computer at work.

If this was mine, I would spend some time in ps and get rid of the branches and try some different processing, maybe with low contrast...

well jmo, but I do like the photo.

Thanks for the comment. You have a point, because I have been waffling and waffling on the processing. I have another of the bench (without the woman) that I liked the processing on more, but I think I eventually just lost my mind in all the subtle changes I was making and this is what stuck. Here's the lone bench with what I feel like was slightly better processing.. I might copy and past these settings back to the original.

12043465644_02a642adac_h.jpg

So, if it has not been photo shopped until it is something that never existed, its not good? I think its beautiful. For me its always been capturing the instant, as it was and may never be again.

profound thinking about stuff

The shot without the woman has MUCH better borders on the bottom. On the shot with her in the frame, the border on the bottom and bottom right disappears. Cloning out the branches would leave you with a photo that made little sense.

The shot without the woman has MUCH better borders on the bottom. On the shot with her in the frame, the border on the bottom and bottom right disappears. Cloning out the branches would leave you with a photo that made little sense.

Thanks for the feedback, Darrel. I see what you're saying about the borders not being defined. I did a re-edit this morning, adjusting the crop a tad, which help remove some of the clipped highlights created by the slight contrast adjustment I made. Then I added a very light GND filter just along the bottom edge. I think it helps a lot, without looking too processed. I also have to agree about the branches. I thought about removing some of them, but I think they help add context.

Thoughts on the re-edit?

12055418304_33bcafa670_h.jpg

The re-edit looks good. You did a good job of rendering the snow foreground, and also of keeping the distant view about the right tone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back