What's new

Woman with Red Handbag

Fred Berg

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
1,802
Reaction score
748
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
..................
 
Last edited:
To be honest, the woman and red handbag may be an after-thought when looking at the photo. For instance, would anyone see that lady first if you had not titled it as such? This photo seems to be more of the path leading up to the buildings.
 
To be honest, the woman and red handbag may be an after-thought when looking at the photo. For instance, would anyone see that lady first if you had not titled it as such? This photo seems to be more of the path leading up to the buildings.

I was going to write something similar to this. I didn't see the woman or the handbag until I viewed an enlargement. She doesn't seem to be an important part of the image the way she is depicted
 
If she was walking to your command you could have asked her to repeat her walk and clicked before she was that away and too much on the side of the walk way..... or i blame you for reaching there late ;)
 
title is misleading... your "subject" is barely visible, and really flat, she does not stand out. The rest of the shot is "meh". Keep in mind that the eye is always drawn to the brightest areas in a photo, and/or the areas of greatest contrast.

Title had me expecting something sort of Glamour.... hot chick with a RED handbag.
 
I do like the rest of the photo. It's well exposed and framed. However, that being the case, the woman and handbag is a small element in that photo. So small in fact to almost be a distraction to the rest of the photo. Is there, in your opinion, perhaps a better way you could have told the story of the woman and her red handbag that would stand out more in frame?
 
I don't agree that the scene is "meh", but that depends on how you view the architecture and landscaping. I think the small size of the subject is unimportant, and that she is clothed in dark colours also doesn't matter - in fact it is advantageous. The very small amount of red (the handbag) is a strong enough element to draw the eye to the subject, imo.

I also don't see that the title is misleading. Your expectations say more about you than my photo.


Fred, I have to disagree with your disagreement ;)
Take the woman out and you have a rather dull photo of a building. Leave the woman in and you have a poor photo of a woman - in front of a building. She is too small to be the subject in any real sense.
I think you may be reaching for significance here.
 
All I see is white building. If you wouldn't have titled it "woman with red handbag", I wouldn't have even noticed her.

Compose for what you want the viewer to see first.
 
I don't agree that the scene is "meh"...I also don't see that the title is misleading. Your expectations say more about you than my photo.

If all you're going to do is make excuses and argue with people's observations, why not just say "I'm not interested in any C&C here" so you can save people the time to bother typing anything to you... :roll:
 
If she was walking to your command you could have asked her to repeat her walk and clicked before she was that away and too much on the side of the walk way..... or i blame you for reaching there late ;)

Can't agree. Looking at the path leading in from the bottom of the image, place your finger on the left border of the path and follow the diagonal line through: it leads you to the handbag. Now place your finger on the right border of the path and follow the curve round: to the handbag. She was a passer by and I waited quite a while until the right passer by came along, and clicked her at the right moment, imo.

title is misleading... your "subject" is barely visible, and really flat, she does not stand out. The rest of the shot is "meh". Keep in mind that the eye is always drawn to the brightest areas in a photo, and/or the areas of greatest contrast.

Title had me expecting something sort of Glamour.... hot chick with a RED handbag.

I don't agree that the scene is "meh", but that depends on how you view the architecture and landscaping. I think the small size of the subject is unimportant, and that she is clothed in dark colours also doesn't matter - in fact it is advantageous. The very small amount of red (the handbag) is a strong enough element to draw the eye to the subject, imo.

I also don't see that the title is misleading. Your expectations say more about you than my photo.

What? My expectations say I expect good images? I will agree with that... and sorry, this one falls short, no matter how much you argue the point!
 
I don't agree that the scene is "meh"...I also don't see that the title is misleading. Your expectations say more about you than my photo.

If all you're going to do is make excuses and argue with people's observations, why not just say "I'm not interested in any C&C here" so you can save people the time to bother typing anything to you... :roll:

I agree.... I won't bother anymore! ;)
 
I don't feel the woman fits. She's completely lost in the bushes or trees or whatever they are. I actually had to look for her. Reading the title, I expected to see a photo of a woman not a photo of buildings. I also almost expected to find a lipstick red handbag, not a maroon handbag.

I have to agree with everyone else's comments.

Sorry, not a fan.
 
Had she been in front of you instead of in the far distance it might have worked. Or if you're willing to sacrifice buildings, ZOOM on her heh =)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom