Wood Spirit

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wood Spirit.jpg

Carved my first " wood spirit " today. Turned out ok, but then I have low standards as you can tell by my photos:lol:

That took more talent than I've got; looks good to me.
Thanks! This is actually the very first thing I have ever carved. I watched youtube videos from a Canadian ( his channel is Carving Fusion ) and he is great at explaining his method.

Interesting, I've done very little wood carving myself way back when, I've always liked it, and sculpting with clay. That's a nice piece Dean. I wonder what I could create (or destroy) with my Dremel. :chuncky::nightmare:

Thanks! I think this one was beginner’s luck. We shall see when I try #2. I did this with a Dremel too 😊

Last edited:
I love this! ❤️ He looks amazing to me, especially for a first attempt.

What kind of wood is it, and how large did he turn out?

Dean, I moved this to the Creative Corner since this artwork is outside of photography.

Also, this deserves to be looked at! 👏

Thanks @terri. I intended to post it in the “How do you plan on keeping yourself busy during Covid “ thread but couldn’t find it.

It is white birch and about 6-7 inches.

Nice job. I've done some, but nothing of any scale. I don't think I have any of them.

These are freaking awesome! Great faces and expressions. The wood grain is quite lovely in each one, too.

I doubt I would have the patience or steadiness of hand to do anything like this. Terrific work!

Most reactions

Back