Woodpecker (Hairy or Downy?)

Just looks like ruffled feathers to me. Birds don't have hair as such (unless I'm missing something in how you refer to certain birds or conditions of birds across the pond there:)).

Just looks like ruffled feathers to me. Birds don't have hair as such (unless I'm missing something in how you refer to certain birds or conditions of birds across the pond there:)).

They are two different species of woodpecker over this side. They look, to me, very much alike especially the eastern females. I think @dxqcanada got it right. Hairy woodpeckers have a bit longer beaks than Downy woodpeckers.

They are two different species of woodpecker over this side. They look, to me, very much alike especially the eastern females. I think @dxqcanada got it right. Hairy woodpeckers have a bit longer beaks than Downy woodpeckers.

Ah cool. Got your drift now. I thought you were speaking about the feathers not the species. Make sense now. Thanks;)

Reactions: PJM

Most reactions

New Topics

Back