Words with friends anyone???

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im in desperate want of something to do while I am forced to sit around for at least a week. Do any of you lovely TPF's enjoy words with friends?? Any other awesome apps I should know about?

yes! britjamez I think is my name!

Oh, wordfEUd, too - beats WWF for me!! same name ;)

Last edited:
I played WWF a few times, but none of my real-life friends will play it with me anymore. They seem to think that just because I have a large vocabulary, it means they don't have a chance against me, when in fact, it doesn't TAKE a large vocabulary to win at that kind of word game. But to be fair, it might also be because the only three who did try playing me, I beat by a fairly substantial score. I think only one of them played me in more than one game, though. (By the way, this is NOT boasting--honestly, I'm REALLY not that good at it. I'm not bad, either. Maybe very slightly above average.) I *am* however, slow and methodical. The fast pace a lot of people play WWF at just isn't my style. I like to think on a move before I commit to it.

I don't play much in the way of online/computer games or apps.
I just mentioned in another thread how I do have some "addictive tendencies," just not alcohol or drugs. One of them, I've learned are stupid computer games. I can easily get sucked in and waste HOURS, DAYS playing something with no redeeming value whatsoever, like Angry Birds. So I've pretty much quit playing any of them.
The one exception are word games. I play online Scrabble with my music minister/choir director (who also complains that I "always" beat him, even though I don't, but at least he keeps playing me!).

I also have a couple of Word Game apps I like to play that are just single-person games. Word Mix is my favorite. It's one of those where you find all the words you can given a particular string of letters. I used to LOVE to play Bookworm, but I'm rarely on my home desktop or laptop to play and I can't get the app for my Android.

I'd tell you my WWF name so we could play…if I knew it. It is probably either sm4him or something close to it. ;)

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go look up "word feud." :lol:

I played WWF a few times, but none of my real-life friends will play it with me anymore. They seem to think that just because I have a large vocabulary, it means they don't have a chance against me, when in fact, it doesn't TAKE a large vocabulary to win at that kind of word game. But to be fair, it might also be because the only three who did try playing me, I beat by a fairly substantial score. I think only one of them played me in more than one game, though. (By the way, this is NOT boasting--honestly, I'm REALLY not that good at it. I'm not bad, either. Maybe very slightly above average.) I *am* however, slow and methodical. The fast pace a lot of people play WWF at just isn't my style. I like to think on a move before I commit to it.

I don't play much in the way of online/computer games or apps.
I just mentioned in another thread how I do have some "addictive tendencies," just not alcohol or drugs. One of them, I've learned are stupid computer games. I can easily get sucked in and waste HOURS, DAYS playing something with no redeeming value whatsoever, like Angry Birds. So I've pretty much quit playing any of them.
The one exception are word games. I play online Scrabble with my music minister/choir director (who also complains that I "always" beat him, even though I don't, but at least he keeps playing me!).

I also have a couple of Word Game apps I like to play that are just single-person games. Word Mix is my favorite. It's one of those where you find all the words you can given a particular string of letters. I used to LOVE to play Bookworm, but I'm rarely on my home desktop or laptop to play and I can't get the app for my Android.

I'd tell you my WWF name so we could play…if I knew it. It is probably either sm4him or something close to it. ;)

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go look up "word feud." :lol:

Lol! You sound like my sister. I stand no chance against her, but I try anyways.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back