Workin' for a living

padrepaul77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Olympus E-620, 1/2 sec. exposure, slow flash, 14mm.

Thought this guy was cool. Couldn't play all that great, but he was giving it his best shot near the Monte Carlo. I did crop it a bit; kind of like the streaking taillights in the back. Any thoughts?

4091200815_396aba433c.jpg

I like the subject. Guy is cool looking. I have a few technical nit-picks, though.

First, the color temperature is very warm (aka, skewed towards the red end of the spectrum). That's probably because the light was from low-pressure sodium streetlights. You can fix that by adjusting the white balance settings for your camera or in post-production.

Second, the gent is sitting squarely in the middle of the picture when the flow of the picture is (to me) left to right because the guitar tapers off in that direction and his legs are going in that direction. Because the flow is from left to right, I would have liked to have seen him placed further to the left so that my could start there and have the rest of of picture to move around in.

My third nit-pick is the perspective. You're standing, he's sitting, so the perspective is that you're shooting down at him. For something like this, if you had squatted down so that you were more eye-to-eye with him, it would have made the perspective more palatable for me.

So those are my nit-picks. Take them with a grain of salt, 'cause I'm not an expert or a pro of any sort.

Thanks for the feedback. I can adjust the color and probably should have gotten lower. I actually shot this from my tripod, as I was just going up and down the strip at the time to get shots of the strip at night.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back