Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
YaTBQP4dTY+YLw6qXpMZwg_thumb_db6_Fotor.jpg

WORKING THE TIDE

Aye Mates,
I captured this image in silhouette of a retired NYFD Firefighter as he was surfcasting for striped bass on Long Island. I had some time to kill whilst waiting for the Orient Point Ferry to make my return to Connecticut after running my Labrador Retriever in a hunt test event. I had no sooner taken my Lab out of the water while running him on some retrieving drills when the angler asked me if I would mind him doing some casting there. I told him I was finished and the beach was all his. After putting my dog in his travel crate I looked back to see this scene. I asked if he would mind if I took a few shots while he continued fishing and he said to snap away. Turns out in speaking with him, we both had served as career first responders, he as a firefighter and myself as a law enforcement officer. T'is a small world. I mailed him several prints of the shots images taken, this being one of them.

Mike

Cracking silhouette Mike, lovely lighting and a great glow to it too,

I think he will treasure those photos. One minor niggle, you might think about leveling the horizon so the reflection is verticle.

I think he will treasure those photos. One minor niggle, you might think about leveling the horizon so the reflection is verticle.

I thought I had done so. May be an optical illusion based on the angle I took the shot at?

Mike

Most reactions

Back