World Cup

Yeah, Aussies are on top of their group!

On a different note, today was pretty boring action at the FIFA World Cup. Even the highly touted Brazil played like it was in slo-mo. Yet they won courtesy to a fantastic goal by Kaka (and this guy shoould change his name...)

Let's see what saturday brings... The US will play Italy and I say we lose.

Been watching most every match...missed Serbia-Holland, most of Oz-Japan (though I caught the final 10 minutes...so good timing) and Korea-Togo so far, but unfortunately I start working tommorrow, so I'll most of them...naturally, I booked off the two days remaining of the England group games, so I'll see those for sure.

When they progres, though....it's a crapshoot, so here's hoping I'll get the days off.

Sorry, Mentos ... so sorry.

But wasn't this very late goal well deserved for the German team?
I think it was.

But I am thinking of you and all the Polish fans who are disappointed now.

yea germany looked like they were gonna get a winner..... and in the end they did..... sorry mentos i think your team are gonna go out now :( ........ good match.

Im going home early from work tomorow to watch the England game :greenpbl:

Archangel said:
yea germany looked like they were gonna get a winner..... and in the end they did..... sorry mentos i think your team are gonna go out now :( ........ good match.

Im going home early from work tomorow to watch the England game :greenpbl:

ahhhhh....... damn!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr mentos is angry!!!!!!!

LaFoto said:
Sorry, Mentos ... so sorry.

But wasn't this very late goal well deserved for the German team?
I think it was.

But I am thinking of you and all the Polish fans who are disappointed now.

no it was not!!! we were good!!!

and we had a lot of luck!!! and our goalkeeper was great!

Off to bed...I'll awake tommorrow to hopefully Motson and Brooking, though I'm not sure if they do work together, and if they do, if they'll be doing the game, and if they are, if they'll show that feed over here.

Either way....I'm hoping for more than one England goal tommorrow, and despite the fact that he's one of my favs, *not* seeing Rooney...ever heard of patience, Sven? You're Swedish, it should be second nature

GO ENGLAND!!!

I did a photo shoot last night with a group who were doing a float for Toronto's "Caribana" Festival. Needless to say I was out numbered when I shouted "GO ENGLAND!!" (They were all from Trinidad, and surrounding islands).

While they originally protested, they felt that England was gonna take it too, but at the expense of atleast one good player.

haha....... yea im going home from work early to watch it....... and probably so are most people if they can....... makes you wonder how any business can operate on a day like today........ and the 'im not feeling to well' excuse will be used excessively in the next hour or two. :mrgreen:

Game starts at lunch time here. We can catch the first half at the nearby sport bar.

The rest is up to live webcasting, which sucks cause you don't get to see the actual game.

I can't believe the first half. I've never been so nervous about a game.

And I can see they put Rooney in. The guys from Trinidad are gonna get shot if one of them breaks his foot again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back