World Cup

It's 1.30 on monday morning....I've been up since saturday 9am (yeah I slept in!) and I'm just hoping I can make it to 4am to watch the Socceroos attempt to score against Brazil.

That being said, I just saw Croatia root for the Brazilian Team by playing the most lacklustre game of football to ever come out their country. Now we'll just have to flog em.

Man! Brazil is some sort of nasty funk right now. They look like someone stole their samba drums. I donlt know what is going on. Yeah, Ronaldo is lacking but the rest of them aren't doing much either. I hope they wake up and smell the lager. Hopefull they are going to gradually improve all the way to the final, no running away with anything.

yea Ronaldo just isnt as good as he use to be..... as soon as he was changes for Robinho they played with more pace...... good game in the second half i thought.

Good game for the Aussies! Despite the loss, I think they played really well. However, Brazil woke up in the second half and came alive. Yeah, I agree with Arch, Ronaldo's days are numbered. Younger blood is needed, Robinho will take his place.

Last game, the 1-1 between France and Korea, I thought was exciting. Lots of action on both sides. Korea played a little better towards the end of the game, just before they tied the score. France looked tired by that point. However, France scored a valid goal when the ball crossed the Korean goal's line only to be punched out by their goalie. Too bad the refs didn't see it as we could see it on TV.

Having just watched the Italy US game lastnight I have to say, that ref is retarded. That elbow, completely justifiable. The rest of the calls? That second US goal should have been allowed. That guy was just in the way, that wasn't a pass. No way that should have been an offside.

its difficult with the latest off side rules..... it doesn't have to be a pass..... if there is a player in an off side position that isnt interfering with play.... like a guy who is walking back from the wing to an onside position.... then the goal would have stood....... but the arguement for this goal was that that the guy in the offside position was interfering with play by blocking the keepers view of the ball...... so if he wasn't there the keeper had a better chance of reacting to it.

Stupid rules.... which can go for or against you..... but watching the replays a few times.... i wouldn't be happy if that was against england and the goal stood. :mrgreen:

Hahaha..good point. I just wanted the states to take that one really badly.

They were playing amazingly well. Something I totally didn't expect from them after that last game.

Again, I can't seem to predict anything this time around. I do know that wearing my English Jersey to a BarBQ full of people from Trinidad and Tobago went over really well lastnight. MWUAHAHAHAH!!!

I'll have pictures of that later.

:lol: ...... good choice of wears for the barbie.

yea im having trouble with predicting scorelines this time around..... and admittedly the US have improved ALOT recently..... probably cuz most of thier players have played, or are currently playing, over here :mrgreen:

Some cracking games tho.

Even Australia vs. Brazil was a good game.

Australia looked good in that first half.

man I love the world cup.

They should do it ever 2 years.

yea i agree....... the trouble with every 4 years is, all the great players that you want to see play against each other are lucky to see 3 world cups in the entire career!..... most only see 2 while they are playing thier best..... not enough really.

oh.. and i'd hate to be french right now..... they were robbed of a win last night..... the ball was WELL over the line..... maybe they need to put a tiny electronic sensor in the ball or something..... or get a ref with decent eyesight :lol:

Archangel said:
yea i agree....... the trouble with every 4 years is, all the great players that you want to see play against each other are lucky to see 3 world cups in the entire career!..... most only see 2 while they are playing thier best..... not enough really.

oh.. and i'd hate to be french right now..... they were robbed of a win last night..... the ball was WELL over the line..... maybe they need to put a tiny electronic sensor in the ball or something..... or get a ref with decent eyesight :lol:

I really hate how video isn't used in calling crap like that.

Especially when the video is the best evidence. And especially because this is such a high profile event. They do it in hockey, it doesn't waste that much time, and wouldn't you rather be %100 sure?

What if that was Iran vs. USA. That could cause a war!!! ahah

If it was every two years it wouldn't be as good. If you are a great players i reckon you can have three world cups in your career maybe even 4.

anyway

YEAH GHANA! Well played. Pity their strikers are awful or it would have been a much higher score. England tommorow should be good. Hopefully more interesting than the first two.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back