World Cup

This sucks!!! USA losing to Ghana! Ghana did play a lot better, mind you (although helped by a phantom fault resulting in a penalty kick) and I'm glad they made it into the next round. They deserve it. Their passes are right on, efficient while the US team's kicking the ball around aimlessly. I believe this might be Bruce Arena's last coaching job, we need a more energetic (and less ego) coach for our team, the talent is there just needs to be brought together.

Meanwhile Italy and Ghana advance, should be really interesting second round! I'm shocked at the Czechs not making it. Wow!

Mitica100 said:
I'm shocked at the Czechs not making it. Wow!

me too..... i thought they'd do really well this time..... just goes to show, sometimes it just doesn't go your way.

yea ghana are decent at the moment......... didnt see the game today, will catch the highlights...... i didnt think USA would qualify anyway.... but i wouldnt have predicted ghana to go through from that group.

My only hope for winning the cash now is france.... and they aint doing to well!.... they just need to up thier game...... as do countries like brazil, if they still want a chance of winning ;)

here is a shirt i wore the other day..

fcukbrazil.jpg

and after USA's dissapointing showing.. im rooting for germany or argentina

Woohoo... Aussies did it! Qualified for the next round! Good luck against Italy though, they will need it!

Brazil put on a great display of talent too. Five great goals, four belonging to the Brazilian team. Great game!

Mitica100 said:
Woohoo... Aussies did it! Qualified for the next round! Good luck against Italy though, they will need it!

2nd round, ohh yeah!! :D :D

Excellent game though the refs were useless again and the Croatian defence wasn't world class. :???:

mentos_007 said:
hah and we should be at home now :D

Don't worry mentos. half the german team are polish, so in away you're still in it :mrgreen:

World cup soccer isn't exactly my cup of tea, but it's nice to know that our USA team scored more goals in three games than did Trinidad and Tobago combined.

YAY!!!!! We're through to the second round! YAY!

It sorta sucks though coz all the games are on at 2am or 4am over here.... so A LOT of people on this side of the world aren't getting much sleep. but meh - at least the boss is nice if we're a bit late on a game day. ;-)

That croatian game though was a shocker!!! Seriously what was the umpire on!?!

Lmfao! Yeah he likes to turn up every now and then, tennis gets lonely bless him. :(

i think you have got it a bit back to front, italy needs your luck...it will be green and gold all the way!;)

yes meysha the referee was a tad biased just like they have been in all our games... bloody bastards.

World cup soccer isn't exactly my cup of tea, but it's nice to know that our USA team scored more goals in three games than did Trinidad and Tobago combined.
i detect a hint of bad sportsmanship!

1am Monday morning for us Aussies to watch the Socceroos give the Italians a run for their money.

Kinda funny how the Italians have been accused of match-fixing, I reckon there's gotta be something going on with the Mafia there. ;)

JohnMF said:
Don't worry mentos. half the german team are polish, so in away you're still in it :mrgreen:

yeah... Kloze and Podolski... they scored most of the goals for Germans already... hahahaha sorry Corinna, but we are the best in your team :)

COME ON ENGLAND!!...... we're through to the quater finals..... wohoooo!

Not a brilliant game against equador...... but we won :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back