Would you adopt any of these dogs from the photo?

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, so tonight was my first "session" volunteering at my local animal shelter. The "get aquainted" room for the dogs was approx 10'x10'x15'. The slanted ceiling had two 2'x4' fluorescent fixtures, wall painted a sickly yellow and a grey floor.

I only skimmed the website that these photos will be placed on (Petfinders.com) and my memory certainly fails me now. But I think these might have a slightly different slant to the norm. I played with each dog for quite a while before grabbing the camera. I tried to capture a bit of their character. These are not necessarily supposed to be artistic, more on the order of function.

Without any further ado.......

1. Missy
91289-2-Missy.jpg

2. Dice
90817-3Dice.jpg

3.BooBoo
91423-3-BooBoo.jpg

4. BooBoo B+W. Does this not say to please adopt me?
91423-4-BooBoo-BW.jpg

Tell me what you think. Am I doing the animals any justice to finding a home?

The pictures are good that they show some character and personality. People (as in the adults) are going to want to see full body images as well. And from different angles. Did you get those shots as well?

Considering the light, you did pretty good. I hope they all find homes too.

Mike

I'd adopt all of them if I didn't already have a dog..

But picture wise they are really cute.

missy I'd take one of her full face.. Some people might like to see what it all looks like

and booboo I'd probably clean her eyes a little..

also You can't really tell the size of the dogs that well in those pics.. like mike jordan said you might want to take full body shots..

People (as in the adults) are going to want to see full body images as well. And from different angles. Did you get those shots as well?

Funny you should ask Mike. Not meaning to bore anyone, but this is a mission I'm on. I just wanted to get critique from you guys and girls before I proceed to far down a particular path.

Full body shots.

1A. Missy
91289-6-Missy.jpg

2A. Dice
90817-1Dice.jpg

3A. BooBoo
91423-6-BooBoo.jpg

2B. One more of Dice that I liked.
90817-7Dice.jpg

I took a shot of his card just get the details. Honestly, I can't read the persons writing. In my best guess, he is probably about....less than a year old. Very playful, loved licking.........I think I might leave that just where it's at, no need to push what already has a head of steam.

Thanks for asking. To anybody reading this, I am not trying to adopt these animals here on this forum. I am asking if the photos you have viewed are any good. That's it. I want to do the best for these animals, but I know there is a time and a place for everything.

Again, thanks for your comments.

Thats a loaded question. As I have 5 dogs now and if I had the room I'd adopt 5 more. Nice photos and it's a great thing you're doing.

Nice job getting the full length shots as well. You never know what will be the look that will entice someone down to take a closer look. And that's half the battle.

Keep up the good work on helping these dogs. They need all the help they can get and many of them deserve a chance at a good home.

Mike

Thanks everyone for your comments Many of you had commented on BooBoo. I spent about 15-20 minutes with her and she is a lovely dog. Fun to be around.

I went to the Petfinders website to have a look around and it became immediately apparent that I am doing the right thing. The card each animal has that gives details about it had not been marked as "photographed". This is what I found already posted for BooBoo.

NC169583307-2-x.jpg
NC169583307-1-x.jpg

Sad in my opinion.

Missy or Dice would be more my type of dog ... but I would not adopt any dog without having a chat with him/her first.

Some of your images need something done about the white balance ... with strange colours, humans and also animals look a bit sick. 3A is the worst in that respect.

Ok I love that first dog. And Booboo, I WANT HIM!

Thanks canukshutterbug, zendianah and JamieGibb.

nossie....can't say it...must restrain myself...women and children could be nearby... but thanks about the B+W. I thought it was the best of the lot to get an emotional response.

Some of your images need something done about the white balance ... with strange colours, humans and also animals look a bit sick. 3A is the worst in that respect.

BooBoo was the first or second I took that night. I was nervous, working alone, not knowing any of the staffers there. Can anyone think of other excuses to use? After this post, I am definately considering a monitor calibrating program. And likely a "proper" version of PS and/or Lightroom. The photos did not look that bad on my monitor...okay, I'll admit 3A was poor.

Most reactions

Back