Would you buy this camera?

Derrel said:
No meter seems kind of stupid. Same with no LCD screen. The two items missing in one camera? "Ridonculous!", as Jimmy Fallon says!

But there is one HUGE, real, actual problem with your hypothetical camera: with the,"Sensor to flange' distance 27.80mm.
* Native Leica M/Zeiss ZM mount.
* Included in the box: Canon EF adaptor, Nikon F adaptor, M42 adaptor."

Why have an EF, F, and M42 adapter??? With that short of a flange to film distance, EF, F, and M42 lenses are going to be almost USELESS on the camera...all of those lens mounts have MUCH LONGER flange-to-film distances, so there's basically no good uses for 35mm-system lenses.

Now, IF THIS hypothetical camera had a Looooooooong flange-to-film distance, then it would make some actual sense...

The short flange distance actually makes those lenses adaptable to the camera. The flange distance of the micro 43 camera is shorter than Leica M and adapting PK, M, F and M42 are all fine. The problem is the other way around.... you cant adapt lenses designed for a shorter flange distance to a camera mount that is longer. In other words, a long camera flange distance actually presents problems when adapting lenses.

Example, I can adapt M leica lenses to the shorter flange of a micro 43 camera but I cannot adapt it to my Canon nor Pentax DSLRs which have longer flange distances.

The real problem as I already pointed out is that you cannot physically have a prism optical VF on short flange designs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back