Would you recommend Light Room?

lightroom is supertastic! i couldn't live without it now! i do all my basic editing here and then anything more detailed and time consuming in photoshop :) i would say get both!

2X to all that's been said re LR. It also smoothly handles uplink to flickr, Photobucket, etc. as well as provides a printing and web upload functionality.

I have both LR and PS and use PS only for heavy lifting. Try the demo to see if it's right for you.

2X to all that's been said re LR. It also smoothly handles uplink to flickr, Photobucket, etc. as well as provides a printing and web upload functionality.

I have both LR and PS and use PS only for heavy lifting. Try the demo to see if it's right for you.

+1 it will automatically (in one click) upload the pic to all your web sites, flickr, FB, photobucket and everywhere else you tell it you want your pic to reside on the web!

I use photoshop. I downloaded the Lightroom trial and didn't really see any benefits over what PS already does.

try processing and cataloging and filtering and stacking 2000 photos in PS

I can't imagine missing out on Lightrooms capapbilities over Bridge and CameraRaw. It would feel like someone took my remote triggers away or such!

Will definitely try it now. Seems like I can use PS and LR both to my advantage.

Will definitely try it now. Seems like I can use PS and LR both to my advantage.

Yes both go hand in hand. If you need something edited in the pic past what lightroom does, Lightroom has an option in the "photo" drop down "edit in photoshop". Then when you save ion photoshop it will automatically send back to lightroom and will have the edited and unedited versions. Then for example: you can soft proof, autoload to web/FB/flickr/etc with one click, use the custom print module and templates, web templates etc its just off the chain awesome =)

Lightroom allows you to batch edit. You can copy and paste your settings like saturation, sharpness, vignetting, etc. to mulitple photos allowing for faster editing. I also use Photoshop but only when I need to do major touch ups. I also like the workflow between Lightroom and Photoshop. Download the trial and see if it works for you.

Lightroom allows you to batch edit. You can copy and paste your settings like saturation, sharpness, vignetting, etc. to mulitple photos allowing for faster editing. I also use Photoshop but only when I need to do major touch ups. I also like the workflow between Lightroom and Photoshop. Download the trial and see if it works for you.

+1

And a million other things it does so well. There are all sorts of solutions to "getting around" the luxuries of Lightroom. Personally I'm glad I don't have to bother with any of that =)

This software made me an Adobe fan.

How long do you think it'll take me to get used to it, having in mind I know how to use PS.

Not sure, but if you learn to use it you'll be addicted to it before the free trial is up.

How long do you think it'll take me to get used to it, having in mind I know how to use PS.
Since Ps Camera Raw has the same edit rendering engine - ACR, tools and functions, you should already be used to using it.

Since Ps Camera Raw has the same edit rendering engine - ACR, tools and functions, you should already be used to using it.

What does the software engine have to do with the pull down menus and the features (and how to use them) in all the modules? Every time i see you post I open cameraraw or Bridge on this Mac and nothing equals Lightroom or has the same menu's. Bridge is a fraction of Lightroom unless I have a crap version with my CS5 or such

I think about a day of playing with LR you'll be used to it.

Few years ago, I was in a similar boat, (why LR when I was so comfortable with PS?). Colleague of mine recommended it, over and over again...once I tried it, I'm not going back. LR is my primary editing software. I use PS for further enhancement of specific image and album designing. Otherwise its all in LR.
When editing in PS alone, I used to average out 1-3 minutes/image (crops, levels, etc - little things) and its fine when it is a one hour session of about 50-60 pictures but weddings with over 600 frames that was a LOT of time in PP. With LR I'm at 30sec-2min (tops)/image for the same things as above. Of course, if I want to do MORE enhancement it would be more time but in general I cut down my editing time in half (as well as my turn around time in half - which is a big thing).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back