Wow, new Olympus 150-400 4.5 IS Pro and Bird detection AI

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This December Olympus will be coming out with their new super zoom lens 150-400 4.5 IS Pro TC1.5x. (300-800mm eq., 375-1000mm eq. w/buit-in TC). Weather proofed and only 4lbs.

Also the EM-1X will have new firmware upgrade to include bird detection AI.

I think time to save up money or maybe sell one of my pinball machines. I have been waiting for this lens for a long time.

Specs: M.Zuiko 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO | Olympus

Samples from Andy Rouse, wildlife photographer: Andy Rouse - Photographer

Welcome back!

I did see the updates. Looks like a killer lens and the new firmware update sounds interesting.

Thanks Trevor. Been a crazy year or more. I'm hoping to get back to photography on a regular basis.
Snowy's should be coming soon, we can meet up one weekend.

Olympus is really taking advantage of a smaller sensor ... that is one small lens ... though that price tag is large!!!
Zuiko lenses have always been of great quality.

Olympus is really taking advantage of a smaller sensor ... that is one small lens ... though that price tag is large!!!
Zuiko lenses have always been of great quality.

yes, not cheap at $7500US but still much cheaper than a Canon 200-400 F4 at $11000US.

Welcome back, Brent. Someone posted a pic of British Soldiers ( the plant type ) a couple weeks ago and it made me think of you. You were the first one I remember posting photos of them. Hope you are well and can post those great wildlife pics you used to share.

This December Olympus will be coming out with their new super zoom lens 150-400 4.5 IS Pro TC1.5x. (300-800mm eq., 375-1000mm eq. w/buit-in TC). Weather proofed and only 4lbs.

Also the EM-1X will have new firmware upgrade to include bird detection AI.

I think time to save up money or maybe sell one of my pinball machines. I have been waiting for this lens for a long time.

Specs: M.Zuiko 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO | Olympus

Samples from Andy Rouse, wildlife photographer: Andy Rouse - Photographer

I love this type of animal video

Welcome back, Brent. Someone posted a pic of British Soldiers ( the plant type ) a couple weeks ago and it made me think of you. You were the first one I remember posting photos of them. Hope you are well and can post those great wildlife pics you used to share.

Thanks Dean. I am well just been busy with other things. I am hoping to start getting out more, been getting too fat and need to get back to my hikes

It's a lot of dosh for some glass. Be interesting to see how it performs in real time.

All the reviews and examples I've seen show it to be an amazing lens.
I can even use my two tc's with it, three 1.5x and 2x. With them 2x that would be 1000mm (2000mm EQ). Although there is no degradation with the built-in TC, there will be when adding the 2x but still 2000mm!
I'm hoping for it to replace my 300mm and that should help with cost a bit.

I was looking through some "birding" videos lately and the Olympus cameras seem to have been very popular well before this "M1x" update. I guess that was probably why they did it.

Last edited:
I don't have Olympus equipment so I have no interest in owning this.

But I am very curious about how the TC is switched in and out without removing it from the lens? My only experience is with my Nikon TC-17E and Tamron 300-FNs 2X.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back