gnagel

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nagelphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
During my last road trip, I visited the Wren Building on the campus of the College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia. This is the oldest academic building in continuous use in the United States...and dates back to the late 1600's.

Here are a some photographs that I captured during my visit:

1- The Wren Building is situated within walking distance of Colonial Williamsburg.
p3559005426-5.jpg

p3559005395-5.jpg

3- The College was closely affiliated with the Church of England throughout the colonial period. While the college no longer has an official religious affiliation, the Chapel continues to be used for worship services held by campus ministries of many faiths.
p3559005399-5.jpg

4- The Blue Room served as the administrative seat of the College throughout the colonial period. Today, the room is used by students defending their doctoral dissertations and honors theses. The portrait is of Margaret Thatcher, the first female chancellor of the College since the Revolutionary War.
p3559005393-5.jpg

p3559005396-5.jpg

6- The Great Hall served as a dining hall, as well as the room where large gatherings, lectures and recitals were held. Over the fireplace is a portrait of Queen Anne of England. Queen Anne provided significant funds for the rebuilding of the College after the fire of 1705.
p3559005398-5.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Next up, the amazing Hunt Library on the campus of North Carolina State University!

Glenn

Chapel continues to be used for worship services held by campus ministries of many faiths.

Fantastic. I met my wife while going to school there and we were married in the chapel! I visit the alma mater a couple times each year.

Hope you had a great trip.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back