Do you think this is a scam?

DLozada

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
yes.... I used to do modeling myself, and that is the number one cardinal rule: If they ask for ANY upfront fees.... RUN! And, the fact that they "guarantee" all this work and all these publishings in major magazines is unprofessional and not reputable.

Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Because mine were better :p

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you had been keeping up on your "America's Next Top Model", you'd already know that Trya said that if anyone asks you for money up front, it's a scam! :p

EBphotography

TPF Junkie!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Digital Matt said:
If you had been keeping up on your "America's Next Top Model", you'd already know that Trya said that if anyone asks you for money up front, it's a scam! :p

Matt is apparently an avid fan? ;)

OP
sthvtsh

sthvtsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Haha, well, I sometimes watch that show.. but not constantly.

Digital Matt

Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
EBphotography said:
Matt is apparently an avid fan? ;)

Heck yeah I'm a fan. Have you ever seen the killer photography on that show? You get to watch them being made, see the camera, the position of the lights. It's a great show for photographers.

Big Mike

I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Photos NOT OK to edit
Digital Matt said:
Heck yeah I'm a fan. Have you ever seen the killer photography on that show? You get to watch them being made, see the camera, the position of the lights. It's a great show for photographers.

I catch myself doing that all the time now. Whenever I see models or something like that on TV...I'm looking for the lights and the camera and trying to figure out the set up etc. What's wrong with me?...I should be checking out the models. :lol:

Digital Matt

Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I go right to the eyes of any picture now, trying to dissect the way it was shot. Seriously though, if you haven't seen that show, you should watch it. You can find whole seasons on Youtube.

OP
sthvtsh

sthvtsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I watch it because I love to judge the position, makeup, hair, etc. =P

IT'S ON YOUTUBE?!!?!? o_o *searches*

OP
sthvtsh

sthvtsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I just recieved this email

jtmodeling vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);
TPF Noob!

My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit

Worldwide is OK
I've modeled with Worldwide since around the time that you received your contract, and everything has been fine. The reason for the deposit, is just to assure them that I will continue modeling the clothing they send. I haven't had a problem yet, and the company has been easy to communicate with. I realize you had questions, but did you actually email Tina, or call to get answers to your questions? I've spoken with her, as she is my recruiter, and made her aware of your post, and she is not pleased. To defame a reputable company with no past fraud/scam filing publicly is illegal. Just a heads-up for your future postings.

Copyright 2006 WORLDWIDE All Rights Reserved! This Agreement May Not Be Copied In Any Manner Nor Published Nor Duplicated In Any Manner Except By Selected Model. NO PERSON, INCLUDING MODEL, MAY PUBLISH ON ANY WEBSITE OR PUBLIC FORUM or be prosecuted by law for copyright infringement.

EBphotography

TPF Junkie!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
It's not illegal to ask questions about a company. If I came on here and said "Do you think Best Buy's rebate program is a scam?" or something to that effect, they can't sue me for questioning them. Stay away from them.

Most reactions

New Topics