What's new

WTB Canon 70-200 f/2.8

theSTZombie

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 22, 2011
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester, NY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,
In the market for one of these, I'm led to believe there are a few versions out there?
I am not looking for the II version, that is way out of my price range at the moment. But I am led to believe there is a I version without IS and one with IS.
Ideally, I'd like to get one of the earlier IS versions.

Let me know! Can do PayPal.
Also, have a like new Canon 17-40 f/4 L and Canon 50 "nifty fifty" that I am going to sell soon/so a partial trade (I would add of course) would also work!
Thanks in advance,

-STZ-
 
Hey all,
In the market for one of these, I'm led to believe there are a few versions out there?
I am not looking for the II version, that is way out of my price range at the moment. But I am led to believe there is a I version without IS and one with IS.
Ideally, I'd like to get one of the earlier IS versions.
There are three versions of the EF 70-200mm f/2.8

EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
(non-IS and possible the second sharpest)

EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
(this is the first with IS, the one you are looking for)

EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
(the sharpest)
 
I don't know if I really need IS on this...I use the 24-70 with no IS and never had an issue.
 
I know I can't afford the II version.
But I am not sure if I want the IS version or the original non-IS.
What do you think?
IMO having IS in the 70-200mm range is very important, more so than the 24-70mm range, and defiantly makes the lens more versatile. On the used market, the IS version is selling for about $350 more than the non-IS on some of the internet forums, I think it's worth the difference.

I have owned or used all of the Canon 70-200mm except for the non-IS f/4. My favorite is the excellent f/4 IS. It's just as sharp as the f/2.8 IS II but a lot lighter and more convenient to carry around.
 
Hey all,
In the market for one of these, I'm led to believe there are a few versions out there?
I am not looking for the II version, that is way out of my price range at the moment. But I am led to believe there is a I version without IS and one with IS.
Ideally, I'd like to get one of the earlier IS versions.

Let me know! Can do PayPal.
Also, have a like new Canon 17-40 f/4 L and Canon 50 "nifty fifty" that I am going to sell soon/so a partial trade (I would add of course) would also work!
Thanks in advance,

-STZ-

If you're in the UK I'm interested in your nifty fifty. Let me know mate. :D

A/PArsons
 
Lol so where you living got both ends if the globe covered haha

A/PArsons
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom