What's new

WTB: Canon Manual Diaphragm Adapter

drhall762

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 14, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know, the title is bigger than the adapter.

I have looked everywhere for the 35mm film can that contained my adapter. Can't find it anywhere and can't seem to find one on the net anywhere. A very small item I know but I would like to purchase one if anyone has one to spare.

Please PM me with details.
 
Are you absolutely sure that you need one? Many FD lenses don't, and the AE pin doubles as an aperture lock lever. Try holding the lens facing you with the stop down pin at top, this will be the pin that will move when you turn the breach lock ring if the aperture is closed. Next push the larger AE pin at the left side of the lens downward. If the pin does not retract, then it is preset into stop down mode.

Let me know if you are confused.

BTW- want to buy a 35/2 FD chrome nose? It's radioactive!
 
Probably a little confused. With the Canon rear lens cover on the lens the aperture is wide open regardless of what f/stop I have set on the ring. If I remove the rear cover the lens aperture stops down but again I have no control of the aperture. When I occasionally shoot macro using my M tubes, I would use the adapter and I could gain control of the aperture. I may be missing something as it has been a very long time since I used any of this equipment. Was just inventorying it and discovered I didn't have the adapter.

By the way, where are you in Montana? I grew up in Billings and went to West High.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom