What's new

WTB: Cheap, functional DSLR

G. Ike

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Location
Mount Bethel, Pennsylvania
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy a used DSLR camera. Brand does not really matter to me, although I do like the way the Nikons felt at the camera shop. I am 15 years old so getting a job is very hard at this point, and my parents can't really help me out with a recent identity theft and my insulin being so expensive. I have managed to save up 100 dollars over the past few months by helping out friends parents with odd jobs. I have 100 bucks to spend, possibly more depending on when (and if) I get any offers. I was hoping for something not too cosmetically messed up, but function is more important than cosmetics. I doubt anyone could part with a body and lens for 100 bucks, but if someone could then that would be great! If not, ill have to mow a bunch of lawns until I can use my new camera. Thanks for reading and thanks for any offers.

George
 
Sorry, but you ain't gonna get a working DSLR for $100, not even an old, used, beat-up one. Save up about $300, then keep your eyes peeled for deals on Craigslist and KEH.
 
Yeah. It's hard to come by one for under 300$. I got a Nikon lens for free from a friend, so I just looked for a body only, and it took me months just to find a Nikon D70 for $250.
 
Nikon D1 bodies sell for about $125-$200 on eBay.

Other first generation DSLRs seem to have similar prices. A few may be less.
 
lmao sorry man but good luck with that. save up about 2-300 more and you should get a decent deal.
 
yeah I think that for $300 you should be able to get a lens and a body, like a used D40 or something, waiting to save up will definitely be worth it but always be on the lookout for deals
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom