What's new

WTB: Lowepro Snap Top AW

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 15, 2003
Messages
9,521
Reaction score
347
Location
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know this is probably a long shot but I am looking for another LowePro snap Top AW pouch. I have one and it has become one of my most used items for carrying spare lenses and such. I am in need for a secondary. Unfortunately, they did not sell too well and have not been made by lowepro for several years. I have checked everywhere locally and online with no luck (not even ebay)

So I am making a call out to anyone who has one in good condition willing to sell or know where I can still find one. I am linking the photos to lowepro below:

S_F_SnapTop_AW_1.jpg


SnapTop_LA.gif


Thanks.
 
You could always by the material and make your own bags... if you have access to a heavy duty sewing machine. You can buy the cordova and heavy duty material at Seattle Fabrics; http://www.seattlefabrics.com/

They sell the heavy weight 1050 Denier Ballsitics nylon for about $16 a yard. If you don't have access to a sewing machine there are a lot of people that do custom sewing. You could probably find someone in your area on Craig's List that was reasonably priced that can use your current bag as a pattern.

Just an idea of you don't find one.

Mike
 
Thanks for the idea... I'll have to look into it.

BUT

I'm not quite sure how to "manufacture" the snap top mechanism.
 
I don't know what the snaps look on that bag but you can buy just about any type of snap, catch, zipper, clasp, or other type closure known to man on the internet... in just about any material. Or you can find a cheap bag that has the type snap you want and take it off and use it for your camera bag. My wife has done that a few times. We rarely throw away the hardware on something when it wears out, as long as the hardware is in good shape.

Mike
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom